Review Maserati Granturismo S Cabriolet

urbanmaser

I have just read the review by Tom Ford in the Sunday Times on the new Granturismo S Cabriolet.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/new_car_reviews/article7024344.ece

I cannot believe that this is the S version rather than the standard 4.2. Whilst he raves about how kewl the car looks he thinks it is fundamentally flawed and under powered and with a 0 to 60 of 5.4 sec. Now if this is the 4.7 V8 it begs the question how sluggish would the standard car be?

He is also critical of the handling and interior finishes.

This is a guy who raved about the Granturismo 4.2 in 5th Gear when it first came out.

It seems that Maserati have really made this an SL rather than an AMG

I am putting my thinking cap back on as to what follows the Gransport. I am hoping the coupe has not been watered down as much as the cabriolet

300 S

One has to take into account the extra weight involved in strenthening the Cabrio, 155 kg i believe ,then you have to take into consideration the cabrio will most definately be less aero dynamic aswell but i would have thought they could have uprated the BHP somewhat to counteract that possibly a larini might just add to that , as things stand The Gransport is still faster than the GT and the Cabrio , after all they Gentlemans sports cars and not the out and out racer like Fezza's

Really would like to see Maserati Spa bring out an equivalent performance /package as in Mercs SL to AMG range would love to see that engine hit up in the 550 bhp range which its more than capable of without compromising reliability its a well proven engine now

regards 300 s

urbanmaser

Toooooo soft for even a slow coach driver like me. I prefer my cars to be a bit edgier. How about shoehorning a detuned MC12 engine into. That would set the cat amongst the pigeons

Parisien

Just read that article.......not the biggest of fans of the journo concerned, plus so many reporters are full of preconceived ideas/attitudes etc................so as ever taken with a pinch of salt, the true Maseratisti, will as ever, ignore!

P