Is this bargain of the year

lozcb

Last edited:

Andyk

Adam, I'd say it is, ppi and that's a great deal at asking price. Adam, buy it!

Dicky...last time I looked I wasn't a teenager...;-).............

On the face of it it does seem OK.....Suppose if it needs a clutch and a service its closer to 20k.....But worth a look.

dem maser

could be had for 15k??!!

making it a bargain for me even with a clutch and service needed, very good priced......

Woody

I dont think it's a one owner - pretty sure this went to auction around 18 months ago and then was up for sale with a trader for c£20k at the time.....had mid 70's on it back then.

Certainly has the potential to be a bargain, but I would also say has the potential to be ruinous! PPI etc and go in with the eyes open...

Andyk

No there was one before that.....The first one to drop below 20k..Think it was up for 18995.......This was over 12 months ago....Sort of around when SM started up.....We spoke about it on here for some time in the early days.....That interior doesn't seem familier......But with your knowledge I'm sure you could be right mate...

Woody

hmm...cant think of that one. Definately with a nero interior for sub £20k? The only two I can think of for that sort of money are this one (went from Porsche Nott, to Kieghly to Auction...or maybe Porsche, auction, Kieghly..not sure). The other one was the one with the funny seat panel, which went all over the place. Was at acution, then went to Dad's Toy Shop (or similar) and to a few other places....

GransportFan1

I would have a feeling those miles are motorway miles, if so, then the engine has had easy (ish) life. 15K is very cheap, good 6k less than the other 05 plate cars for sale plus you have got to really like that interior, it is different.

Woody if this car has been for sale at Keighley then i would stay well away, have a read on PH about them, shocking by the sound of it.

Andyk

That one went around the houses for an age........The interior on this one isn't familier to me..........Good car if the ppi checks out....

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I dont think it's a one owner - pretty sure this went to auction around 18 months ago and then was up for sale with a trader for c£20k at the time.....had mid 70's on it back then.

Certainly has the potential to be a bargain, but I would also say has the potential to be ruinous! PPI etc and go in with the eyes open...

Bob on, Keighley place that sells all sorts of Skylines, 911's Cat D cars, allsorts, 70000 then @ £19,995.

drellis

went keighley looking at an integrale few years ago. Their cars are priced according to what they are worth

safrane

I was only saying last week that the GS will go the same way as the 4200/3200 in regards to £££ as their age and miles creep up.

The AC, GS-MC will be exceptions and retain about 30% higher value but again if the miles stay down...this will always be an issue with Maserati as they are driven so much more than the Ferrari, Lambos etc that only come out at the dry weekends.

Phil H

Not imho.

Leaving dealer reputation aside, if you were only going to do 2-3k miles a year it might be ok; much more than that though and you'll soon hit 100k at which point the value will drop even more, especially with an oddball interior that has limited appeal. Perhaps it's best considered as a posh track car.

For £15k+ I'd rather have an Assetto or a just a good cc with lower mileage and less risk.

PH

Andyk

Depends on what you want with the car...If its a keeper and you aren't worried about resale then its a baragain if all pans out.............If you pay 30k for a GS now or 15k in 3 years you would loose more on the 30k car than the 15k one I would say......This car is for someone who has always wanted a GS but can not stump up the money for a low miles ones.......but as all has said an indi chech would need to be done first and lots of research....