Alfa GT 3.2 V6

urbanmaser

I felt compelled to write just a little something about the Alfa GT 3.2 V6, a car which I owned for over two years and which for me will always hold fond memories.

The GT was the last Alfa Romeo to use the original 3.2 V6, which in slightly different guises found itself propelling the 156GTA, 147GTA and GTV/Spider. Following this Alfa Romeo switched to the GM version found in the Brera which was never quite the same beast.

The GT was a beautiful car, a good 4 seater coupe, that deserved to do a lot better than it actually did. Yes, it drove on poor roads like it had no suspension, but OMG that engine has to be one of the most beautiful V6 engines ever produced. 0-60 around 6.3 secs and a top speed of 150 mph. How could anyone consider a BMW 3 series in preference?

I sold mine last summer for a Maserati pictures below.......wish I had kept it as a 2nd car.......I loved it

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
UM, I have a 156 Sportwagon as my daily mile muncher....keeping the GS's down.

I have been looking for a cheap, or even Cat D GT for ages, must admit I was hankering after the Deisel, but have had the GTV with the 3.2V6 Arese engine (0-60 in 6.1 and fastest production Alfa to date, until the arrival of the 8C, which we all know is a Maserati)

That engine was the nuts, and could trace its route back 4 decades. The engine got canned only due to the dreaded emissions council but totally agree, I believe it was voted the best production engine of all time, Ill try and dig up the article.

urbanmaser

Conaero

You know what a fastidious nutcase I am with my cars. The Alfa when I sold it it was the dog's b-----cks. It had covered 22,000 miles (12,000 with me), it was 2005, 2 owner car.It had full Alfa service history. I had a major service done before I sold it, changing cam belt.......cost me around £1500. It had new tyres all round. It never had any major dings and was literally in showroom condition when I sold it. It cost me £20,000 and I sold it for £9,250......I was mad. It also happened to be the very best coulour combination ( according to me and Clarkson)......black with tan leather.

conaero

Forum Owner
Black and tan, yep agree with that, if I buy a new car (probably not as i am in to Masers now and its hard enough buying a used one) I would go for that combo!