Larini Exhaust Explained pics

lozcb

A Larini is not just another exhaust or another sound its a work of art thats finely tuned to create a very definitive sound

Very few manufacturers in the UK can match the workmanship that it takes just take a look shame its underneath the car

They produce Various levels of sound to meet your requirements but for sure, going the whole hog is best

Attachments

• larini.jpg
    larini.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 336
  • exh 2.jpg
    exh 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 326
  • exh 1.jpg
    exh 1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 317
  • exh 6.jpg
    exh 6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 320
  • exh 4.jpg
    exh 4.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:

jpmondalek

Loz, does the Larini centre section replace the factory x-pipe or do they connect to the x-pipe?

conaero

Forum Owner
JP, it replaces the Factory X pipe and there are 2 types, silenced and unsilenced. I have the silenced, apparently all **** brakes loose when you use the unsilenced one.

conaero

Forum Owner
David refers to an X pipe and a Y pipe, looking at mine, it definitely is more of an X than a Y, so I would probably say yes to your question.

jpmondalek

Alphabet soup...one is an X-pipe and the other an H-pipe (also according to David). The X is louder than the H. I ordered the H.

I think Loz has the H, right?

As you suggested, I'll just follow David's advice.

Last edited:

jpmondalek

Just spoke with David, who confirmed that both you and Loz are running the H-pipes (i.e. Sports Centre Section)...he also says that if it were his car he would use that part over the X. Phew...I can breathe better now :)

De-cats + X-pipe = too loud

conaero

Forum Owner
JP, I had De-cats and H pipe and that was even too loud, ended up having larini mod my De-cats with 2 non restrictive resonators, so yours will be loud, and it pop and f@rt like a good'n

lozcb

Have a quick read alex the picks early on are of my car you will see that i have the sports cats , i wanted to be sure of no emission probs at Mot time and mine sailed through about 4 months ago , hope the picks help to explain it a little

regards loz