Miura SV on fire

MAF260

So sad to see such a beautiful car ruined:

[video=youtube;MkllVWglloE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkllVWglloE[/video]

Parisien

A great shame.....old electricals and not got an extinguisher.....or a big enough one

P

conaero

Forum Owner
A very sad story and the loss of another great car. Its a difficult one to prove. The garage could claim that the driver caused the dislodge or damage which preceded the fire, highly unlikely, but something HRO will test.

They could also say that the fire was caused by a failed part not covered by the service.

At the end of the day, the car is insured but I get where the owner is coming from, and can see HRO having to pay out here to save face on their insurance, I am sure it will be done behind the scenes and HRO don't want to loose any more face here.

safrane

So it exploded into flames....hmmmm poetic licence. ..looks like the engine caught fire to me.

Parisien

Happens more often that you think in older cars, always carry a pretty hefty fire extinguisher!

Sad loss in many ways

P

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Spark plugs? That sounds like Bollox to me. Sure, the plugs can run hot but, in my experience, porcelain and high temperature steel doesn't usually catch fire in a mile of use. Looks to me like they are clutching at straws.

jluis

Also find it odd, however the car has just been serviced and for sure there was a fuel leak for the car to catch fire so quickly.
It's still the garage responsibility.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Why? Generally, the fuel system isn't disturbed during a service and rubber pipes can split at any moment. Sure, there is a coincidence regarding the timing of the service and the fire but it might be difficult to prove that HRO was at fault. The fact the owners are blaming the plugs being in the wrong heat range shows a 'lets get them for something' attitude.