The Good Morning Thread

luckesGTV6

Yawn!

Hello everybody,

Just de-hibernating and trying to find out what's going on in the Alfa world.

Not dead but only sleeping perhaps Mr zagatoes30?

Seems to me though that most of the Alfisti are on 'Faebook' these days, away with the fairies IMHO.
I say this because personally I greatly value my privacy and am still reeling from that fellow Sucks audacity in after sending me an 'everythings changed , we're nice guys really' unrepentant note, ended it by suggesting that I sign up to their face recognition facility! WHAT!!!!!
This just after insulting the UK government by refusing to explain his companies abuse of our citizens personal data.
That is why I avoid using that nest of vipers.

Good news!
by My GTV6 is being a GTV again after at least 2 1/2 years of worsening overheating problems which I had blamed on the pattern replacement radiator and it had been marked on my hit list for replacement.
Now, a cautionary tale:-
I had a new cambelt fitted early this year and this really put things on a different level as the change produced a large heap of exra bhp during the process and the temperature went off the scale within a few miles of 'normal' driving. ;)
When I bought the car I was assured that a new water pump with a metal impellor had been fitted by a reputable Alfa garage (They advertise that they only use this type) so there seemed no need to replace the water pump.
Needless to say I was misled on both counts - I had a split plastic impellor which was turning on the serrated drive shaft :)
All sorted now and running @ 90 or less indicated.

For those of you guys who have the V6 engine in their Alfa,
If it starts to run abnormally hot :-
Don't do what I did and make any assumptions.

I'm hoping to sort out the battle damage soon on the GTV but it is a specal year for the English car - 45 years to celebrate so there is an urgent need to get it road legal first by ripping out about 30 feet of spurious wiring, about 40 ty-wraps (so far) and all those innefectual Chinese fuses and coloured badly designed and crimped connectors as well as the rusty hardware store overlong self tapping screws securing the trim. :)

Anyone else doing 'owt?

Alfaspecial

Just looking forward to some driving.
Am MoT'd (not strictly necessary but sensible 'insurance') and oil changed (+ filter / gearbox + diff).
Next thing - maybe later today, it's lovely ......- an 'Italian Tune Up'

luckesGTV6

Just looking forward to some driving.
Am MoT'd (not strictly necessary but sensible 'insurance') and oil changed (+ filter / gearbox + diff).
Next thing - maybe later today, it's lovely ......- an 'Italian Tune Up'

Sunday 10am the Welsh AROC are having a breakfast meet at Chepstow Garden Centre with a run into Wales after.
Usually a few from the Bristol area attend as well.
I'm sure both you and your special car would be very welcome.
May be a bit far for you to attend?