The Good Morning Thread

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning from the glooooom that is Chichester, where did Spring go?

Had a good day on the Brera yesterday, just the timing, stretch and aux belts to go back on.

Fitted all the turbo, manifolds inc the coolant and finally felt that I was winning. I hope it still starts :)

lisknik

Morning from the glooooom that is Chichester, where did Spring go?

Had a good day on the Brera yesterday, just the timing, stretch and aux belts to go back on.

Fitted all the turbo, manifolds inc the coolant and finally felt that I was winning. I hope it still starts :)

Saw one that looked the same on fleebay the other day, wondered if it was yours ;)

Afternoon all :)

Alfa Muppet

I’ve been quite busy lately, fixed the 164, passed my Motorbike test and bought a new bike.

Off to Malta next week for a sales meeting!

4BB39FBD-5A0D-408C-90C8-B7DECEEA037C.jpg

FB61E802-6E8C-4790-8DA2-FB00AB0A37FF.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Morning boys...and Tess.

Anyone every tried to change the stretch belt on a 2.4JTDm.....dont, what an absolute pig of a job.

Just the timing, aux belts and water pump to go then we can see if I b0lloxed it up!

luckesGTV6

Good morning everybody,

A reasonably clement weather forecast for the next few days. :)

Yesterday it didn't rain, freeze, fog, blow a gale, thunder or snow so I rushed into Monmouth in the GTV to jetblast the winters salt off in the afternoon sunshine.
It now looks a bit strange in factory nero instead of light grey but I guess I'll get used to it in time, as one does.
The exhaust note sounded good on the run home with the occasional 5 cylinders in 'highly tuned 60's oily plugs' style. Nice uneven burble on tickover but sweet as a nut over 3000 rpm!
Probably not recommended to jetwash the engine bay but I always do to check the waterproofing and that's the first time I've had a job to add to the list.
Todays GTV task - Polly *hit, rather than sponge off the usual Crow ditto!

Postman has just delivered for the 'other car' a sparkly new CNC machined flanged brass sump plug from Sigglesthorne (East Yorkshire, where else).
Question is how to remove the original which has been 'killed by 1000 cuts' over the last 43 years and presents a primitively rounded cone instead of a spanner hex.
Answer - A 50 year old cold chisel carefully applied to the outside of the flange and struck powerfully by a gurt lump hammer of unknown vintage!
I now wonder when the gungy black greasy stuff in the sump was last changed? :( :(

Have a fun-packed day Guys. See you at Combe Nick :)

lisknik

Get stuck with that bolt peter give me a shout, I have plenty of tricks/kit to get things like that out ;)

Morning all :)

luckesGTV6

Thanks for the offer Nick, I'll see how it goes!

Just ordered some bolts for the bellhousing - which were totally missing, which could partly explain the abnormal propshaft vibration!

Are you driving the 33 yet? Jim Spackman is pedalling his 75 against the 105's again this year at Combe Alfaholics.

lisknik

Thanks for the offer Nick, I'll see how it goes!

Just ordered some bolts for the bellhousing - which were totally missing, which could partly explain the abnormal propshaft vibration!

Are you driving the 33 yet? Jim Spackman is pedalling his 75 against the 105's again this year at Combe Alfaholics.

Nope it is still in Clevedon.

Yes Nick, I am 99% going to Combe on Saturday

Fantastic :) Bike or 164?

Morning all :)

Alfa Muppet

Morning all - delayed at Bristol Airport. So I get up at 5am only to be delayed by 2 hours, usual stuff from BMI, normally due to the crew being late or not enough of them!

164 back up and running and felt good at Castle Combe! 180 miles on the bike on Sunday, blast down to Westward Ho! And back to see the folks!

lisknik

Morning all - delayed at Bristol Airport. So I get up at 5am only to be delayed by 2 hours, usual stuff from BMI, normally due to the crew being late or not enough of them!

164 back up and running and felt good at Castle Combe! 180 miles on the bike on Sunday, blast down to Westward Ho! And back to see the folks!

Good to see you on Saturday mate, been a while :)

lisknik

Likewise Nick

Good morning all.

Who is going to Brooklands next week?

I'm not, sorry mate, done it 6 years on the trot, time for a break this year.

Morning all, been offered a low millage 51 plate... dare I say it BMW 325, contemplating it.... but its a auto.

luckesGTV6

Mornin' all.

I'm not going to Brooklands this time either Nick but for a different reason.

Trouble is, turning up there with a damaged car isn't on - but I must say also that the main reason was that I had completely overlooked the event!

Problem seems to be that so many of the forum Alfa guys belong to AROC and prefer to post there using Farcebook and don't bother with SportsAlfa (Alfatan excepted :) - Thanks again for the information Tania)

I'm going to gatecrash the Fox on May 3rd (Nudge, Mr Muppet - I'm beginning to see a bodywork repair opportunity in the far distance).
I had thought until very recently that these meetings had stopped when you stepped down Nick and I now understand that the Garden Centre meetings are also still going on but perhaps I'm being too negative in thinking that 'associates' are no longer welcome as there was no 'courtesy posting' by AROC inviting us SportsAlfa devotees either to join in the events or become paid up members of AROC.

I'm also not willing to support Farcebook via AROC on principal.

I intend to remain a member of Zukkerwhatsit's social media disaster until this November when it suits me to post a 10 year memorial in respect of my late wife to her family and then announce loudly why I'm closing my Farcebook account and demanding that all my data is destroyed.
I was never a fan even before the recent revelations which clearly show what happens when a person with insufficient experience and too much naivity and arrogance gets in beyond their depth and in amassing a personal fortune causes absolute havoc worldwide, thanks to the Internet . ;) ;) ;)

If either of you guys are free next Tuesday around 7pm there is an illustrated talk at Bristol Club Lotus on the 180 mph executive express the company built in 1969.
PM me if you are interested. :)

lisknik

I can't post on facebook mate, I deleted it ;) Chuufed to see the Fox meet still going, I thought it would die with me stepping down, Tony and Tony are doing a great job keeping it going, please support them please mate. I asked them to keep Poplars Farm going for me.

conaero

Forum Owner
A very wet and soggy salutations from down here on the coast where it seems, the sea has been lifted and dropped on the surrounding area, typical!