The Good Morning Thread

conaero

Forum Owner
I am actually working 5 days this week, 4 days in the office then one day at Ace drinking Stella in the sunshine.....its all work you know!

lisknik

You dont fancy a trip up to the big smoke then, you've been threatening for years to come?

Morning all, wet today, good for the grass I suppose.

Not this month, supposed to go to NAD last Sunday, didn't go. I have three days at Silverstone classic last weekend this month, got my passenger tickets going if you are interested, just means you cannot show your car but get in for free in my car ;)

Morning all :)

tess

Afternoon guys...cloydy day but bbq later at my daughters..a few pimms and i wont notice lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

luckesGTV6

Mornin' all, from sunny Milt-on-Keynes. (foreign parts, strange looking natives but no harm experienced so far to man or machine!)

Morning all, got the 33 in work with me today as she has to go to Duncan again this evening!!

You absolutely certain it's not that posh new exhaust of your'n setting up a harmonic frequency in the crankshaft oil seal, you know, similar to the one we have all experienced when arriving at a corner much faster than one had intended? (Can cause a huge seepage of oil on a vehicle) :) ;)

The price they quoted me for the GTV tailpipe certainly produced that effect when I merely asked them for a quote!

Hope Duncan gets it sorted for you Nick. See you Wednesday at the Bull? ;)

tess

Morning guys..bit of a hangover...celebrating my birthday yesterday...fab day with familyy and friends..pimms went down a treat lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

lisknik

Mornin' all, from sunny Milt-on-Keynes. (foreign parts, strange looking natives but no harm experienced so far to man or machine!)

You absolutely certain it's not that posh new exhaust of your'n setting up a harmonic frequency in the crankshaft oil seal, you know, similar to the one we have all experienced when arriving at a corner much faster than one had intended? (Can cause a huge seepage of oil on a vehicle) :) ;)

The price they quoted me for the GTV tailpipe certainly produced that effect when I merely asked them for a quote!

Hope Duncan gets it sorted for you Nick. See you Wednesday at the Bull? ;)

Don't you mean the Fox?? ;)

And nope, seams the pivot point on the clutch fork is broken.

luckesGTV6

Don't you mean the Fox?? ;)

And nope, seams the pivot point on the clutch fork is broken.

Just testing ;) Yep, The Bull is the one further up the M4 where Club Lotus used to meet.

Ah, I had thought it was an oil problem - Is a Sud fork the same by any chance as it might be easier to locate?

lisknik

Just testing ;) Yep, The Bull is the one further up the M4 where Club Lotus used to meet.

Ah, I had thought it was an oil problem - Is a Sud fork the same by any chance as it might be easier to locate?

It's worse than that, input shaft is flapping around and destroying the bearings..... that be why I have had three new clutch's in three years then. Just glad I still have the old gearbox :)

morning all :)

luckesGTV6

Mornin' all,

Up early, there's only a few days to prep the GTV for the MOT.

Expecting the usual difficulties:
1. Marginal rear braking efficiency on foot & handbrake.
2. A confrontation with the tester about supporting the car on the sill flanges rather than the designated jacking points.

(yawn) Deja Vue strikes again, hopefully also in a (6th) first time pass!

Not looking forward to replacing the inner driveshaft gaiter or the NSR bumpstop, destroyed again last week by that horrendous bump/pothole thingy somewhere between Chipping Norton and Buckingham. :(
Be aware chaps, and if I could remember exactly where it is I would have reported it .
In 2015 it was severe enough to divert to Autolusso for a damage inspection - not quite so bad this time.

Have a fun-packed day guys. ;)

Alfa Muppet

Alright Muppet, hows your brakes, did you get em fixed???

Morning SA'ers

Morning All

Morning Matt, not touched the brakes as they are performing better, but still not 100%. I've got one big trip this year, then I'm taking the car off the Road for a "few" jobs over the winter including a complete brake overhaul