Beautifulbusso's 147GTA

Smaky

Also be careful with the KWs, I think they make the car too bouncy and on the roads round here I have no confidence in what they are going to make the car do when it gets nildly bumpy.

beautifulbusso

Did you fit longer wheel bolts along with the spacers?

Only ask as I've so far sorted out 5 cars this year which have had wheels pop off...

Yeah I did bud. I had 24mm bolts as standard, so put 30mm on with the 5mm spacers for the front and 36mm for the 12mm spacers on the rear :)

beautifulbusso

Also be careful with the KWs, I think they make the car too bouncy and on the roads round here I have no confidence in what they are going to make the car do when it gets nildly bumpy.

What version were the KWs? I've got the V3s so I can fine tune them so would be able to dial that out :)

Smaky

The V3s are a pig to set up, trying to set the balance of compression and rebound against the spring rating is something you need a full on track day for, make an adjustment then do a lap, until you find the sweet spot, not really something that can be done in a garage, luckily I have a private airfield where I can do this. IMO these shocks are not for road use.

beautifulbusso

The V3s are a pig to set up, trying to set the balance of compression and rebound against the spring rating is something you need a full on track day for, make an adjustment then do a lap, until you find the sweet spot, not really something that can be done in a garage, luckily I have a private airfield where I can do this. IMO these shocks are not for road use.

Good job I have patience of a saint then :lol:

I can get down to Brands Hatch to set them up if I need to though as I know someone who would be able to help book track time etc :)

beautifulbusso

I collected her last Tuesday, totally overjoyed with the car, it's so much more than just a sum of parts that's bolted on. Feels fantastic to drive, the grip is just frankly stupid, the ride is not as bad as I expected, it generally feels like a go-kart for the road :)

db4add146924d465ae6d5219f6b71b10_zpsf9de55a1.jpg

c2e48eba60b5cb214faf91197b4e673b_zps886d73af.jpg

3b8a987d9514ba750349e4fa20692586_zpsbfed794a.jpg

Also the steering wheel feels sublime to hold, I feel like I know what's going on with the front wheels more for some reason, the steering wheel also feels a tiny bit smaller but that may be down to the steering wheel in the Impreza :lol:

beautifulbusso

Got the KWs setup perfectly now, it's somehow comfy around town yet sharp and pointy, very go-kart like through the country lanes, I am actually shocked!! Also finally got the tracking sorted properly, added more toe and I've now got the feedback which I was missing back, got more grip, no understeer no matter what I do!!

Gave her a wash and a quick polish this evening, came up pretty nice :)

7f6e8e97b815a695014dec795d369931_zpsf9b87a26.jpg

4995b543c53305ad431a7dd8cb2462b9_zps7eac84dd.jpg

beautifulbusso

Just a tiny small update this time.

She had her MOT on Wednesday, she failed the 1st attempt due to too much CO2 being read by the lambda sensor, stripped off the back box as it was blowing and she passed, not before melting the back bumper and reflector though :lol:

lisknik

Just a tiny small update this time.

She had her MOT on Wednesday, she failed the 1st attempt due to too much CO2 being read by the lambda sensor, stripped off the back box as it was blowing and she passed, not before melting the back bumper and reflector though :lol:

Numpty! :) Great at the pass though :)