75 Coupe

zagatoes30

Well it's not really but as there was no where else for poor SZ owners to post I thought I might try here ;)

Andyk

WOuld nice to get some Alfa 75 pictures up on here.......Loved the car wa back and good ones are hard to find....These do make great tarck cars as well with a little fettling.

GhostyDog

Thanks, certainly no jeans with rivets in that car, navigating those seat bolsters must be fun in bad weather

zagatoes30

You just get used to it, don't even notice anymore. The seats are comfortable if set right but they only have to be a notch or two off and they can be crippling on a long run.

zagatoes30

Looks great !

I didnt know SZ's were sharing 75 parts - apart from the engine ?

Lot's of the bits of the SZ are 75 based but must of them are subtly different. Engine is similar but different water pump, cams, manifold etc, floorpan is modified, front brakes are the same but the rears are different (vented discs). Suspension is massively different no torsion bars, rose jointed with adjustable height dampers. Steering column is the same but panels, lights, indicators, glass all different.

It is too easy to assume parts can be lifted from a 75 as many can't.

vantastic

As just said, some 75 parts dont fit, thats standard 75 parts, the SZ used 75 stuff from race 75's so not like factory 75's

zagatoes30

True, but a V12 one lol

Fair point, actually it is quite a good bit of kit when you get used to it. It's owner has got used to the fact that it will corner quite well when you commit hard, although he still goes a nice shade of green every time I do it :)

vantastic

Fair point, actually it is quite a good bit of kit when you get used to it. It's owner has got used to the fact that it will corner quite well when you commit hard, although he still goes a nice shade of green every time I do it :)

Tim but dim (tom) is very how should I say it? perhaps I should not say lol