155 q4

zagatoes30

This weekends challenge, can I fit 17" Rims with 225/45 Tyres under the Q4 arches - I have a nice set of winter tyres sitting here and with 4WD I reckon the Q4 could be a fun water hack :)

CPE

This weekends challenge, can I fit 17" Rims with 225/45 Tyres under the Q4 arches - I have a nice set of winter tyres sitting here and with 4WD I reckon the Q4 could be a fun water hack :)

True it would be fun, but if it gets salty it would be a shame to give it that torment!

I used to own an Integrale, the only time I had all 4 wheels spinning was in the ice. Cancel that... There was also the time where I was sort of making no progress in the snow going up a forest road to work and had to turn back. Summer tyres though. Years ago, before I had even heard of winter tyres!

Edit : Q4 a water HACK! Wash your mouth out! :)

Last edited:

zagatoes30

Tyres I have won't fit but I still like the idea of fitting winters to it.

Close to 300BHP 4WD and winters would be a real hoot if we get any snow

zagatoes30

I had fallen out of love with the Q4, it was draining my wallet, overboosting, cutting out and spitting out water and oil at every opportunity, it just couldn't be trusted. So I packed it off to http://www.aforalfa.co.uk and told them to sort it out and there it has stayed.

Today I had to drop the SZ in for an MOT and the only transport to get home was the Q4. Well STUNNED is the only thing I can say, Paul has done his magic, no leaks and the boost just builds and builds. From 2500 rpm it is like a tap starts as a drip but as you open it up it becomes a deluge and on boost the thing is awesomely quick, I reckon its a good job it has uprated brakes and coil over suspension to handle it all.

It still burns a bit of oil and is in desperate need of some bodywork tidying but now I remember why I bought it in the first place - Alfas you just have to love them :)

zagatoes30

It's probably the best's ever been, progressive boost and stonkingly quick - very happy but there is much more to come as we chase down the oil burning, custom map and then a full respray.

beautifulbusso

The 75 is a car that seemed to pass me by. I did look at 33's when younger but then got distracted and they seemed to slip under the radar.

RWD and V6, its a recipe for a great car but admit my knowledge is limited, any offers of a ride, welcomed.

Your welcome a go in mine if you like?

beautifulbusso

I had fallen out of love with the Q4, it was draining my wallet, overboosting, cutting out and spitting out water and oil at every opportunity, it just couldn't be trusted. So I packed it off to http://www.aforalfa.co.uk and told them to sort it out and there it has stayed.

Today I had to drop the SZ in for an MOT and the only transport to get home was the Q4. Well STUNNED is the only thing I can say, Paul has done his magic, no leaks and the boost just builds and builds. From 2500 rpm it is like a tap starts as a drip but as you open it up it becomes a deluge and on boost the thing is awesomely quick, I reckon its a good job it has uprated brakes and coil over suspension to handle it all.

It still burns a bit of oil and is in desperate need of some bodywork tidying but now I remember why I bought it in the first place - Alfas you just have to love them :)

I saw your Q4 during the, it is a lovely car that :)

Smaky

It's probably the best's ever been, progressive boost and stonkingly quick - very happy but there is much more to come as we chase down the oil burning, custom map and then a full respray.

Oil burning... during testing of the racers mid 90's we had 2 engines which burnt oil a **** of a lot more than the rest, this was found to be weak springs in the EGR bellows, allowing the EGR to remain open too long and reopen at higher revs pressurising the intake and through the breathers, forcing the oil past the rings into the combustion chambers, these 2 engines had the EGRs blanked off and that resolved the issue of oil burning, BUT increased the running temp of the engine by 2 degrees, not really an issue in a racer that is rebuilt every few weeks, but in a road goer this will enhance engine wear.