116 Giulietta

zagatoes30

Well before Fiat take over just, simple mechanics, gear lever long enough to stir the Atlantic but still a great drivers car very much under-rated especially with the little 1.8 engine.

zagatoes30

I just love the simplicity of a low powered engine, balanced handling a real drivers car.

Also in the day I couldn't afford to insure them so when one came up on eBay a few years ago I had to have it. It was in remarkable condition and just a bit of fettling to make it next to perfect.

zagatoes30

Whilst mooching around the garage this afternoon looking for some double sided tape to stick some number plates on the "other" toy I noticed the old girl was now sitting on two flat tyres. I pumped them up but realised she hasn't been on the road at all this year, so I set an early New Years Resolution - Get her sorted for spring 14

zagatoes30

She never looks side, a bit of air, a battery charge and few turns of the key to fill the float chambers and off she went. I love the sound of Weber side drafts through K&N filters.

She needs a new rear calliper and a bit of recommissioning but she will walk her MOT once the weather starts to get a bit nicer.

Bigdar

I do too, I just know my misses would hate it aswell.
Something like that'd be perfect :D

zagatoes30

Seems like I have acquired another but this one has the best of the Giulietta and of the 75 - oh and a few pounds lighter

1982 Alfa Romeo Giulietta 116 (42k miles from new)

It's a December '82 standard 2.0 litre apart from fast road C&B cams and now runs Dellorto's. K&N panel filter and standard pattern exhaust in s/s but a bigger bore. I guess it gives around 145 brake and similar torque. At only 1100kgs its no slouch. Suspension upgrades include GTV6 torsion bars with adjustable Koni's and poly bushes and Harvey Bailey arb up front. Rear runs Koni's Eibach springs and again poly bushed. Brakes are drilled & grooved vented from a 75 late model TS along with the alloy calipers and fast road Pagid pads. Stainless hoses and DOT 5.1 fluid. Rear are standard but with Pagid fast road pads and stainless hoses. Transmission is a rebuilt late model 75 TS transaxle (with the closer ratio's and LSD) gear linkage is also late 75 TS and the speedo drive modded to suit. Clutch is new also.

Bodywork is rust free and no filler whatsoever having been Zeibarted from new. Despite that it has had a back to metal repaint to give it the deep gloss finish. The interior has leather trimmed Recaro front seats and the rears have been retrimmed to match.