Who's Been Stalking Me Now Thread ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe 1968

there is nothing wrong with being on all the relevant Alfa sites ... all this AO .. AD .. AROC to name a few stuff is absolute madness ... there is room for all and yes there will be migration of similar threads .. that is normal given we are all on the majority ... Tony is right by what he has said previously ... cross referencing constantly is not the answer .. it really isnt ..

and whats more ... negativity is spoiling it .. in my opinion I'm sick of hereing it

Everyone on here has a choice .. come on and leave the past behind and fresh start ... or continue with gripes .. the choice is yours ...

bathdodger

If this place is different then it's proposition needs to be clear. Is it very much about the cars, mechanics etc?

It can't be surprising if you set up a 'social ' area and open it up to all comers - including people from other forums -- that parallels emerge from the off.

smiffy

Its been open 3 days now give it a week it will calm down and more technical threads will apear

tess

Well I will be to point, this forum is for X AO and AROC peeps, but if you keep on with stuff from them sites it will become the same, nuff said

Im not ex AO i will be using both sites so i personally dont want to see cloned threads on here.....fresh start and all that

Joe 1968

If this place is different then it's proposition needs to be clear. Is it very much about the cars, mechanics etc?

It can't be surprising if you set up a 'social ' area and open it up to all comers - including people from other forums -- that parallels emerge from the off.

Ok .. fair point ... so what do you do .. not discuss things on one site for fear of upsetting the other .. I post virtually identical on AO and Fb ...

like I said ... its madness and it need not be ...

Joe 1968

Im not ex AO i will be using both sites so i personally dont want to see cloned threads on here.....fresh start and all that

Ok .. so what do you suggest we talk about then ... ? I'm curious ... ?

bathdodger

If the onus is too much not-AO then this place may miss out on some good stuff.

Let's just see it develop naturally, or the rot sets in early.

Joe 1968

Its been open 3 days now give it a week it will calm down and more technical threads will apear

That will only come in time ... as folks sign up and post ... Other sites have taken years to get to how they are now ... it will happen yes, but I would imagine initially not straight away

tess

We want a friendly site with lots of banter,techy stuff,etc much like all other sites......parallells are fine i get that..maybe different head8ngs would be better so its not exactly the same as others...we dont want to be seen as a clone of other sites we are one on our own, individual, friendly and approachable...lets keep it like that......its fab to see old and new peeps on here....banter us good.....

Joe 1968

Cars
Alfas
How you think the brand should progress
new inspired orignal threads

Yes .. in the technical section .. but not here in the fun section ...

I openly said I came on here for fun and not to get into the technical side ...

but then again in the tech side threads will be the same as on other sites ... folks will ask the same questions .. that too is inevitable ...

it is what it is ... :)

vantastic

I lost hope when AO sold to a compnay, vote with your feet, this forum may take over AO, time will tell

bathdodger

We want a friendly site with lots of banter,techy stuff,etc much like all other sites......parallells are fine i get that..maybe different head8ngs would be better so its not exactly the same as others...we dont want to be seen as a clone of other sites we are one on our own, individual, friendly and approachable...lets keep it like that......its fab to see old and new peeps on here....banter us good.....

That sounds great. I would be tempted to not meddle too much straight away. Good threads will gain support. Weak ones will dwindle. Interfering much is probably going to be counterproductive.

Status
Not open for further replies.