Cheep Cup Anyone??

Supercharged16v

As much as I love the Cup , and I want one badly, I wouldnt touch this one with a pole !

Needs at least 5 grand to get repaired, IF you can find all the cup spoilers and splitters etc

Add 2 grand to buy it, thats 7 grand straight away, without knowing the true state of the rest of the car...

Thats a NO NO for me

Smaky

As much as I love the Cup , and I want one badly, I wouldnt touch this one with a pole !

Needs at least 5 grand to get repaired, IF you can find all the cup spoilers and splitters etc

Add 2 grand to buy it, thats 7 grand straight away, without knowing the true state of the rest of the car...

Thats a NO NO for me

All of those parts are obtainable directly from the dealers and I know they are in UK stock, Any red pre facelift bonnet would do to keep costs down the only dificulty with it is not knowing the condition of the engine and drivetrain PLUS I would want to fit a Q2 anyway.

Supercharged16v

I love the looks of the cup, but other than that, its just a V6 GTV, isnt it ?

You could find very good ones at 2.5 to 3 grand tops

Smaky

I love the looks of the cup, but other than that, its just a V6 GTV, isnt it ?

You could find very good ones at 2.5 to 3 grand tops

If you ignore the body kit, limited edition badge, vents in the wings, different steering rack, limited edition alloys and interior trim panels then I suppose your right.

Grinzzz

Sorry for butting in. Starting to develop an interest in v6 Alfas. Is there any difference in the engine on a cup or normal GTV v6? Is the car any lighter or any suspension differences? Or is it just body and styling?

Anywhere I can go to have a good read about GTV's in general or cups in particular? Any good web resources on tuning and suspension?

Sorry about all the questions, think it's because car purchases for me are just as much head as heart!

Cheers
Andy

lisknik

As far as i am aware, just body styling and interior and teledial colour. Nothing really else different tbh.

smiffy

Cup is just body and styling, half leather seats, bodykit and shiny wheels. Limited run makes them desirable.
You can upgrade suspension and rear bushes. They go from 5k upwards. Gtvs have the best sounding V6 IMHO, try and get one with a ragazzon quad the sound is sexual.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Grinzzz

Thanks! Probably not one for me then, I'm a bit of a luddite and tend to go for function over form :) Wondered as I'd seen one for 8k on PH which sounded quite a bit even for a car in 40k miles.

smiffy

They will be more of an garage queen in years to come

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk