Best 155 to get.

zagatoes30

Now if you were on the 155.org forum you would get someone pointing you to each and every version.

A couple of facts :-

1. Silverstones are all 1.8 and are poverty spec at that.
2. Only a madman would attempt to run a Q4 as an everyday car, ask me how I know ;)
3. V6 155s sound awesome
4. 155 16v 2.0 handle the best ( I will get V6 lovers arguing with this fact but it is true)
5. Rear wheel arches rot, if you can see bubbles on the outside they will be shot on the inside

IMO if you want an everyday car go for the best condition car for your money that you can find. All 155s are good and they all have their weaknesses. V6 cars can be thirsty especially in traffic, later 16V cars need regular cam belt changes, Silverstones are slow.

Personally I would go for a late 16V TS, either 2.0 or 1.8 the latter are always cheaper and not that much slower in fact as they don't have the balancer shafts they tend to rev better. Both these versions should have widebodys (which look better - fact IMO ) and quick racks. They pull all the way to the red line and handle like a go kart (one of the best balanced FWD chassis out there) and if the brakes are right they will stop on sixpence.

Last edited:

vantastic

Not a bad guide from Zag, ;) and if you have money for petrol get a V6, they handle fine and sound so much better, mine is a skinny but I dont mind wideys either

zagatoes30

Blue is cool, much better in the flesh than you would think. There are two shades of blue that look very similar Nord & Atoll, the latter has a purple ish tinge to it.

The only new car I ever bought was a Nord Blue 155 2.0 16V - Stunning car, did a 100k init before I sold it on, loved every minute

zagatoes30

Who's selling that one? I'm not in the market for one, just curious as I'm in Liverpool 50% of the time.

A guy called Neil is selling this one, it's a nice car and had quite a bit of work done previously. With a bit of TLC it could be a real good one. Neil also has another one with 24V 3.0 fitted and a 75 so a mother Alfa nut

CPE

A guy called Neil is selling this one, it's a nice car and had quite a bit of work done previously. With a bit of TLC it could be a real good one. Neil also has another one with 24V 3.0 fitted and a 75 so a mother Alfa nut

Ah, I know of the fella. I have shared some messages with him talking about 75's.

alfawestlancashire

What colour you after? Black V6 in Liverpool but needs MOT, all the welding has been done

Looks like its had plenty done to it, been looking at a few other forums and they all say they can be a bit high maintenance, dont want another one of those in my life at moment.
Will have another look around after christmas. but thanks anyway for your input.

Andyk

I've had a 1.8 skinny one, a 2.0 twin park wide body one and driven a few V6 and the best one for me was the 2.0 twin spark late model wide body. Much better balanced than the V6 due to less weight and the 2 litre twin spark is a good engine...but go for the wide body as it was a much better car than the early ones....Lookes better to.