Forced Re Gen 2.4jtd

Happy Man

Anyone ever seen one done?

Mine was done on Friday at Alfatune and it's bloody scary, the heat haze that comes the back end is like watching an F1 Car on the grid :worried1:

The smell made me think the bloody thing was going to burst in to flames :worried1:

Anyhows Stingray is running much sweeter for the Re Gen and a new MAF :thumb3:

Happy Man

I know I wouldn't take her anywhere else, still didn't stop me from ******** my pants when the smoke started coming from under the wheel arches :f7:

conaero

Forum Owner
Can you explain more, I am not familiar with this mod, what is it?....EGR valve type thing?

Happy Man

I'm not a techy but as far as I know when the regen is done to burn the soot out of the DPF it heats it up and blows it out.
But it get really really hot, when it happens as part of a normal cycle you're on the move so the heat dissapates and you only notice it running a bit ropey for a couple of miles :)

conaero

Forum Owner
arh, yes I have heard of such a thing, especially the DPF engine chocking thing!

Smaky

If you're having a forced regen done already then your MAP is all to ****, though most sane people just have the bloody things removed as they are a complete waste of space.

Happy Man

If you're having a forced regen done already then your MAP is all to ****, though most sane people just have the bloody things removed as they are a complete waste of space.

You know my car and driving habits then?

The Brera is 7 years old so one forced regen in 7 years in my opinion isn't bad

My Brera has been looked after by Gus since I bought it and it worked fine when I was doing lots of motorway miles, since I've started doing a 10 mile a day round trip it has clogged and yes I'm fully aware that they can be removed.

jake100biggins

Guyted my dpf and blanked egr had sports remap.
Fantastic
Went though mot no problem.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

jake100biggins

Gutted dpf due to constantly clogging up, had hassle for a year wish id removed it much earler on.
8 month trouble free motoring so far touch wood.

jake100biggins

1.9jtdm ti, have been told 190ish.
As i drove away i noticed it right away, the difference is huge much more drivable as the 150bhp is not enough.
Also replaced springs to eibach and uprated clutch.
Now feels like a sporty car.
Worth every penny.

lisknik

1.9jtdm ti, have been told 190ish.
As i drove away i noticed it right away, the difference is huge much more drivable as the 150bhp is not enough.
Also replaced springs to eibach and uprated clutch.
Now feels like a sporty car.
Worth every penny.

Your only 6 bhp behind my 156 V6. Got eibachs and konis, with a strut brace, the difference is unbelievable puts the power down so much better and corners flat :)