spider

EnzoMC

hi all

looking at our first alfa and always wanted the 156GTA or Alfa GTV Cup but both getting old and maybe little expensive running cost as just a daily drive. so looking at 2008-2009 cars. going to look at Brera and spider today, maybe not as special as the others but still great looking cars

any issues or things to look out for and which one 2.2 or v6, would say 2.2 but stats seem very low on power ?

lisknik

V6 everyday :)

But then i am biased :) For the weight of the car i have heard that the 2.2 is not enough, and the V6 is the better option :)

smiffy

2.2 jts is a dire engine stay well away. The oil drip feed tube blocks and the chain doesn't get lubricated. Then the chain stretches and timing goes to ****.

Atters

I have a 2.2 JTS LE fantastic car with all the goodies, and they are holding there value as well, only issue is with the red paint it chips very easy ,MPG about 29/33

EnzoMC

2.2 jts is a dire engine stay well away. The oil drip feed tube blocks and the chain doesn't get lubricated. Then the chain stretches and timing goes to ****.

thanks, I was looking at the v6 which didn't seem bad on mpg compared to the 2.2 but heard the v6 isn't that great (by Alfa garage) who recommended to go for the 2.2 - now I am confused

One to go for if you can get it is the Q4, now this is a stunning example - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rome...4111978?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4d17f063ea

Oh and the 156 is called Jess, i be Nick btw ;)

thanks Nick (oops) - sorry to Jess :() which looks very nice in your avatar, isn't this a rare colour for the 156

won't the Q4 just make the car more heavy ? did see this one and like the colour but I already have black interior on my weekend drive

I have a 2.2 JTS LE fantastic car with all the goodies, and they are holding there value as well, only issue is with the red paint it chips very easy ,MPG about 29/33

oh thats nice...

lisknik

Yes it is a rare colour. They reckon under 20 in the country in white, think i have found 10, thouh i have spotted one of them on a salvage site today, damaged :/ Makes mine rarer then.

Did spot a white and tan spider a few weeks back, will see if i can find it :)

smiffy

thanks, I was looking at the v6 which didn't seem bad on mpg compared to the 2.2 but heard the v6 isn't that great (by Alfa garage) who recommended to go for the 2.2 - now I am confused

Known a couple of people with the issue both in Alfas and vauxhalls, I would plump for the v6 IMO

EnzoMC

just update, just put deposit on LE spider 2.2 with carbon interior and sat nav which i think is very rear, will post pics once collected

not sure if Q4, forgot to check Doh!

lisknik

just update, just put deposit on LE spider 2.2 with carbon interior and sat nav which i think is very rear, will post pics once collected

not sure if Q4, forgot to check Doh!

Congrats!! :) Can't wait to see that :)

EnzoMC

finally got around to cleaning the dealers products off and applying some decent wax, not sure they knew how to clean it properly

alfa01.jpg

alfa02.jpg

alfa03.jpg