spider

EnzoMC

:goodnews:

That is stunning!! :eek: Cograts!! :)

thanks, not the ideal finish - matt paunt is a pain to work on :(.

STAY AWAY FROM THE 2.2JTS, complete nightmare of an engine.

i know you warned before, but also told to stay away from v6 so had to be one or the other..... has any others had lots of issues with the 2.2 ? I think like most engines, if looked after with correct oils and parts most time the enginesvare good, its mainly electrical issues that let the engines down....

smiffy

The timing chain goes dry and it stretches. Have a search on tinternet there's bound to fixes and solutions by now. But most of all enjoy your spider looks cracking

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Smaky

thanks, not the ideal finish - matt paunt is a pain to work on :(.

i know you warned before, but also told to stay away from v6 so had to be one or the other..... has any others had lots of issues with the 2.2 ? I think like most engines, if looked after with correct oils and parts most time the enginesvare good, its mainly electrical issues that let the engines down....

It's the mechanicals of the 2.2 which are the problem, and it's not the chain going dry, it's the chain being made of the wrong material which is stretching and allows cam sensor faults to occur, nothing wrong with the sensors as they are actually telling the truth, the timing is out!!! The replacement chains are now mad of a better material and as yet are not causing this issue, but time may tell different.

The V6 has no common issues other than it's clad in plastic and looks like a *** toy.

EnzoMC

was in ireland for a week with the spider and never got so much attention, way more than the Mas... had a few people around it taking pictures one morning at the front of the hotel (as it was being dropped off)

enjoyed the trip and must say I am very surprised how well it drove all week and enjoying some of the back roads that weren't pot-holed.... not hugely fast but very nice tourer... only comment would be to improve the sat nav, trying to take us down one ways and restricted roads