2.2 JTS Remap... Advice

AlfaGrale

Has anyone performed any sort of remap (from any company) on the 2.2 JTS engine?
What was the impression after the remap?
Was it worth the money? Any other opinion or advice?

I just got a quote for a remap from this company:
http://www.quantumtuning.co.uk/car-remap-tuning-remapping.aspx?Make=Alfa Romeo&Range=Brera

The figures for the 2.2 look promising, but what mostly concerns me is to improve the throttle response and remove that annoying flat spot on 1100revs

conaero

Forum Owner
I think my brother is going to chop in his Brera S 2.2 because its just too slow and thirsty, and that has been tuned.

It looks stunning but after 6 months he's fed up with it because it don't drive as an Alfa should.

Smaky

Save your money for the innevitable cam chain change that is possibly the worst engine Alfa ever put into any car.

AlfaGrale

Save your money for the innevitable cam chain change that is possibly the worst engine Alfa ever put into any car.

When does this chain needs to be replaced????
The car is almost 6 years old and has 86000 km on it.

Why would you say it's the worst engine?
I agree it's under power etc. etc. etc. but I never had any problems with it, not even the smallest oils consumption

Smaky

These engines suffer from cam synchro faults, causing excess consumption and horrible rattling noise, the only fix is to replace the chain and tensioners.