2014 Alfa Romeo Giulietta goes on sale

conaero

Forum Owner
Styling tweaks and a new multimedia system freshen up the 2014 Alfa Romeo Giulietta

2014-Alfa-Romeo-Giulietta-1(1).jpg

The 2014 Alfa Romeo Giulietta is here, complete with a number of admittedly minor aesthetic changes, a new multimedia system and improved efficiency across the range.

At the front is a new grille and revised front fog light bezels. New 16-, 17- and 18-inch alloy wheels designs have been added as well as three new exterior paintjobs: Luna Pearl, Cobalto Blue and Metallo Bronze.

A brand new dashboard centres around Alfa's Uconnect multimedia system, while the USB and Aux ports for connecting devices have been moved to the central console to make them easier to access. Bluetooth provides a wireless connection for music streaming.

A 5-inch colour touchscreen display is standard on all Giulietta models. A 6.5-inch display comes with optional satellite navigation system, which includes 3D bird's-eye mapping, intelligent route guidance and voice-controlled one-step destination input.

A new steering wheel, new door trim panels, improved sound insulation and redesigned seats that are said to 'exude Italian craftsmanship' complete the 2014 Giulietta's interior.

All engines benefit from reduced CO2 emissions. The 150hp 2.0-litre JTDM-2, for instance, ups power by 10hp and increases the torque figure yet offers 9g/km less CO2. Meanwhile 40 per cent fewer components in the diesel injection system helps with reliability.

Progression, Distinctive, Exclusive and Sportiva Nav make up the trim levels (in order of price). A sportier flagship Giulietta will be announced at the Geneva Motor Show in March.

The new Alfa Romeo Giulietta is on sale now priced from £18,235 for the 1.4-litre TB 120hp Progression rising to £25,220 for the 2.0-litre JTDM-2 150hp diesel Sportiva Nav.

Source: http://recombu.com/cars/articles/news/2014-alfa-romeo-giulietta-details-images-and-price?

LJ_GQV

I like some of what they've done to it, the new grill, fog lights are bigger (always thought they should've been a bit bigger on the G) but the interior is ruined :(. I love the rocker switches in mine, the way the little screen is sort of in the dash as it forms round it looks good too but now they've ruined it by putting the square screen, plastic looking buttons & a colour coded dash like a fiat 500 :(. It looks ok in a 500 but if you had a white car thats going to look **** with a bright white dash :(

The GQV is getting the TCT though which should be pretty good :). If i was choosing again though id still go for the pre face lift.its like they've just changed stuff for the sake of it instead stuff that could've done with changing like better seats, difrent body kit for the QV etc

conaero

Forum Owner
Following on from the Mito thread (which is not a car for me, but I accept it is still an Alfa) the Guillietta would appeal to me, I like the dash. I was shocked when I saw it and BMW sprang to mind