Track Day 2014 Event 05/04/2014

5pr1nt

We did, we did. We had a blast :) I cant wait to go back again...Although I do feel sorry for my sprint today! :/

Many thanks to everyone who came yesterday and special thanks to George for helping me drop my time 4.5 seconds to 1:30.9. I'm sure if I had time and went back in there, I would definitely drop it a few more seconds! :)

Shant Ole

Thanks all, great day again

Thanks for the team for organising it and getting so many members to come
Thanks to all the guys who put their oldies on track (Glafkos, Nicolas, George, the GTV guys, and so on :))

... And Shant.... Next year ;)

You know i would beat you if i had your brakes :p

And i heard you got scared when you heard about my time :lol:

A tight battle and rivalry on track but a a big respect to you my friend well done i congratulate you :thumb1:

Shant, start preparing for next year's meeting. I see you pass many sleepless nights. Hahahaha.

Hahaha you are right kirie Nicola wish i could do what the Abarth still needs but i think it is now time to start spending some money on the Spider :) I have done quite a lot on the Abarth and i need to start thinking about my bella now :thumb1:

VeinsInMyAcid

I don't think brakes is what is important in this track.
I actually prefer my old discs and pads to the SS ones. They work for my style of driving better. These are just lighter and have much harder front pads.

I did get scared but after watching a video of my last aborted lap, I can confirm that there was a faster lap time in there for sure.

Btw how many laps did you do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shant Ole

I don't think brakes is what is important in this track.
I actually prefer my old discs and pads to the SS ones. They work for my style of driving better. These are just lighter and have much harder front pads.

I did get scared but after watching a video of my last aborted lap, I can confirm that there was a faster lap time in there for sure.

Btw how many laps did you do?

To be honest the car felt a lot better on track when it was standard. And if you see both our times theyre not dramatically fast from our "standard" times we have done before. I could constantly feel the power being spoiled in the corners.
But the whole "modifications" made the car so much different than before. My first stint was really bad as i was trying to learn the car and i was just everywhere in the corners. Once i got used to it i started driving a bit better until my last stint which i dropped my time to 1.21.8

In total i did 37 laps. I wasnt letting the car to cool down properly as i kept wanting to get in all the time. Not something clever but thankfully the car is okay.

How many laps did you do?

VeinsInMyAcid

Not sure how many I did, the print out is still in the car. I'll let you know tomorrow

But I'd be surprised if I did more than 20 laps.
I basically did only 3 fast sessions of about 3-5 laps each

VeinsInMyAcid

hihihihi :saifi3:

Looking at the trend: 1st event: 1.23.9 - 2nd event: 1.22.8 - 3rd event: 1.21.7

SO next year i should do a 1.20.6 :p
which is doable, i had 1.21.4 this year had I hooked it all up on that last lap I pushed

Shant Ole

It was really funny how both of us were trying to beat each other and how interested we were for each others times :saifi:

We had fun though thats for sure :thumb1:

VeinsInMyAcid

I wasnt interested in your times slow poke :p

joking aside, yea it was fun and the whole build up to it (your lack of sleep) :D

VeinsInMyAcid

ah :p i knew you'd bring that up

but I have a counter for it....how do you know I was giving it my all?
i was already a few seconds faster than everyone that year so i had no reason to push more :D

but we'll never know :)
what we know is this: with 5 less bhp and worse tyres i'm faster than you :p