Track Day 2014 Event 05/04/2014

Shant Ole

ah :p i knew you'd bring that up

but I have a counter for it....how do you know I was giving it my all?
i was already a few seconds faster than everyone that year so i had no reason to push more :D

but we'll never know :)
what we know is this: with 5 less bhp and worse tyres i'm faster than you :p

Yes but i was 0.7 faster than you :saifi3:

Seriously now i dont think mine is 180bhp. It must be near there though

And no i am not trying to find excuses :p

this can go on for a long time you know heheheh

I know :saifi:

VeinsInMyAcid

It doesnt matter how i got there. The point is i did get there :p

Anyway yeah better not say anything else as the thread will have 200 pages eventually :saifi:

Yep...you got to second place :saifi3:

ate to burry this for this year, i'll accept a gift from you and we call it a day :D

Shant Ole

Yep...you got to second place :saifi3:

ate to burry this for this year, i'll accept a gift from you and we call it a day :D

My last stint was very good because i had a sandwich from the canteen :thumb1:

So after i ate i got the energy i lacked and all my times were consistent :D

I was driving hungry for most of the day :f2:

mysmilie_2025.gif

SquadraCorse

Here's the compilation video for all to see... The feud is seen at some point. :hug:
Congrats to both of you for those lap times. Also, congrats to everyone else who got into the track and enjoyed their car... Especially that mad Spider!!! :goodjob:
I'm thinking of bringing mine next year for a spin... If I can get around the fact that I don't fit that well inside :as004:
Till next year guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2kksc-kM8I

VeinsInMyAcid

It seemed to be judging from its time.
But only glafkos can answer in detail. I have to admit though I'm also encouraged to bring mine next time :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfasud1978

It would be nice to see a Spider parade. For a couple of laps I was behind Glafkos' Spider and I was impressed with it's road stability. Regarding my car, I did the mistake due to the fact that was my first drive in a circuit with it to overinflate the tyres. If I have set the pressure to a lower value the lap time would have been a couple of seconds lower, as my effort was on the tight corners. For the records my speed at the start of the back straight was 75kph with 3rd gear and just before hitting the brakes at the end of it was only 105kph still in 3rd. It was really frastrating with the lack of oooooomph!!

Alfasud1978

OMG guys. Yesterday afternoon discovered that the rear left wheel arch was fully covered with dirt and dried petrol that came out of the tank filler cap, during the tight right angle corners in Achna circuit. Lesson: Next time visit Achna (now I know that you can get petrol from their premises) with maximum half filled fuel tank, thus avoid petrol spraying around the track and over the car and save weight and at the same time be a bit quicker!!

VeinsInMyAcid

lol, good idea :)

Speaking of petrol, i remembered we were discussing petrol and tank size together before the track. Here's how it went down with me.
Filled her up the night before, and re-filled her up tuesday (there was 7-9 litres left in there)

so yea, 35l tank is enough :)

Shant Ole

My car broke after the track day :0036:

Thankfully it wasnt something serious. I didnt use the car for two days after the track day and on wednesday night i got the car to go and get some food and i could feel the car going a lot faster. I looked at the turbo bar and it was boosting on maximum 1.6bar eek.gif

The vacuum pipe was broken and the electric valve too. Good thing i noticed it otherwise i would need a new engine :shocked:

Now the other problem i had before got fixed too. I thought it was the wastegate causing the car to boost, drop and then boost again (we were discussing this a few weeks ago with Vasilis, Nikolas, Costas and George).

Car is like new now :D

Btw i need to to clean the car underneath cause my springs turned black from red from the tyres :saifi:

Alfasud1978

This is good and bad news together my friend Shant. The good news is that your engine skipped.......death, and the bad news I'm sorry to say, is that your Achna best lap time may have been a bit higher if the engine boosting was set at the correct (lower) pressure. Hahahahahaha!!