Car of the Month - April 2014

SquadraCorse

Car of the Month: Mr. George Koshiaris' 1978 Giulietta Nuova

The car's history in the owner's words. Enjoy!

The specific car was registered in Cyprus brand new in December 1978. I bought the car second hand in 1985, to replace my Alfa Romeo 1.6 Giulia. It was in excellent condition so it did not require any serious repairs. My Alfa was our “family car”, so was in everyday use for many years. Nothing else was done to the car, apart from the regular service and sort minor issues that came up during these years. I continue until today to drive it very often and I can say that except from the enjoyment I get, it gives the impression of a different level of driving. This can only be felt when driving an Alfa Romeo, and I mean a Classic Alfa Romeo. This specific model offers what we call the “something special” when you drive it.

Today the car is 36 years old. All these years and until the year 2009 the car did not require any major repairs. In 2009 I decided that I was going to keep the car and register it as classic, so I proceeded with complete restoration of the mechanical parts of the car. The engine, gearbox, differential, transaxle, steering system, brakes, suspension were all removed and completely renovated. All work was carried out by the best at that time workshop in Cyprus for Alfa Romeo the owners of which have retired shortly after the work was completed. People that have old Alfa Romeos must know who I am talking about.

All parts used (and I still use) are the originals, and mostly brand new that I get either from Cyprus, but most of them from abroad. It worth mentioning that all its electric/electronic equipment work perfectly, something rare for cars of its age.

I am fond of this car and I feel very lucky to have it. I will continue to maintain it always trying to keep it close to its original condition.
I will also continue to drive it often, as it offers such enjoyment.

3-4 Front.jpg3-4 Rear 1.jpg3-4 Rear 2.jpgDashboard.jpgEngine Bay.jpgFront.jpgInterior 1.jpgInterior 2.jpgProfile 2.jpgProfile.jpg

5pr1nt

Brilliant example of a very well maintained car. Looks amazing! Congrats Mr Koshiaris :)