Car of the Month - May 2014

SquadraCorse

Για αυτό το μήνα προχωράμε με cabrio. Η Spider 916 του Shant Makamian:

For this month we continue with a cabrio. Shant Makamian's Spider 916:

Απο πού να ξεκινήσω και πού να τελειώσω…
Το αυτοκίνητο αγοράστηκε καινούριο από τον πατέρα μου το 1996 όταν εγώ ήμουν μόλις τεσσάρων χρονών. Μεγαλώνοντας στα δώδεκα με δεκατρία μου άρχισα να ενδιαφέρομαι με τα αυτοκίνητα κι έτσι πάντα το περιποιούμουν και το έπλενα συνεχεια! Θυμάμαι μερικές φορές τα σαββατοκύριακα ξυπνούσα από τις έξι το πρωί για να το πλύνω πρίν βγεί ο ήλιος για τα καλά!
Αργότερα, όταν μεγάλωσα ακόμα λίγο, άρχισα να λέω στον πατέρα μου ότι ήθελα το αυτοκίνητο όταν θα έπαιρνα άδεια οδήγησης στα δεκαοκτώ μου. Βλέποντας λοιπόν ο πατέρας μου ότι ήμουν ένας μελλοντικός alfisti, συμφώνησε και στα δεκαεπτά μου έδωσε το αυτοκίνητο για να το φέρω στην κατάσταση που θα ήθελα έως τα δεκαοκτώ μου όταν και θα έπαιρνα την άδεια οδήγησής μου.
Έτσι λοιπόν το πήρα και άρχισα αμέσως δουλειά πάνω του. Το επιδιόρθωσα αρκετά μηχανικά και μετά το ξανάβαψα για να το φρεσκάρω λίγο. Όταν έγινα δεκαοχτώ αγόρασα άλλο αυτοκίνητο για τις καθημερινές μου δουλειές γιατί δεν ήθελα να χρησιμοποιήσω την Spider κάθε μέρα. Από τότε δεν οδηγήσα ποτέ το αυτοκίνητο καθημερινά, ποτέ στο βρεγμένο και ποτέ όταν έχει πολύ ήλιο και ζέστη. Το χρησιμοποιώ μόνο για βόλτες και για ξεχωριστούς περιπάτους.
Το αυτοκίνητο αυτό είναι πολύ ξεχωριστό για μένα και δεν μπορώ να φανταστώ την ζωή μου χωρίς αυτό. Είναι ένα αυτοκίνητο που μεγάλωσα μαζί του και θα χαιρόμουν πολύ να το δώ στα χέρια των παιδιών μου στο μέλλον. Θα είναι η τρίτη γενιά με το αυτοκίνητο αυτό…

Where can I start…
My father bought this car new back in 1996 when I was only four years old. As I grew up, at about 12 years of age, I became interested about cars, so I started taking care of it, no to mention washing it all the time! I recall that sometimes I woke up at 6 a.m. to wash it before the sun came up!
Years passed, and at some point I started telling my father that I wanted this car as soon as I turned 18 and got my driver's license. My father saw the future alfisti in me, so he concurred and at the age of 17 he gave me the car in order to sort it out to the condition I wanted it by the time I took my license.
So I immediately started working on it. I fixed a lot of mechanical components, and had it repainted to freshen it up. When I turned 18 I bought another car as a daily driver to avoid using the Spider on a daily basis. Since then, I've never driven the car daily, on wet or whenever there's too much sun and heat. I use it only for excursions and special occasions.
This car is very special to me and I cannot image my life without it. It is a car I grew up with, and I would be thrilled to pass it on to my future kids one day. They will be the third generation driving this car…

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

5pr1nt

I have to admit it Shant, ur spider looks brilliant, even with the rims that Chris doesnt like :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Very nice Shant, well done, she does look very nice.

Ill be in Greece in a couple of weeks time:

SANI RESORT SBH 4, Κασσάνδρα, Greece...feel free to swing by and pick me up for a spin!!!

Shant Ole

Very nice Shant, well done, she does look very nice.

Ill be in Greece in a couple of weeks time:

SANI RESORT SBH 4, Κασσάνδρα, Greece...feel free to swing by and pick me up for a spin!!!

Thanks mate :thumb1:

Ermm i live in Cyprus not Greece :p

Let me know when you come to Cyprus and ill arrange to take you for a spin :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Cheers Shan't, will do. A mate of mine has a flat in Lanica (is that how you spell it???) so I have been meaning to take him up on his offer.

Shant Ole

Cheers Shan't, will do. A mate of mine has a flat in Lanica (is that how you spell it???) so I have been meaning to take him up on his offer.

Its Larnaca or Larnaka :thumb1: Some people spell it with a c and some with a k :p

Would be nice to meet and have a chat with you :thumb1: