Evening all

Grinzzz

The Gt is a real lovely looking car. But with the 147 156 and Gt they go through top bottom arms and drop links, 80k shouldn't be a worry as long as the right oil, servicing and belts have been done.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Rest of the car no great concern, I'm pretty used to working on everything apart from bodywork and engines. Time to go hunting on PH!

Smaky

For 156, 147, GT and GTV wishbones ONLY use TRW, they are the OEM and they are the only ones which come lubricated, I have given up fitting any other make now as I have no confidence in the reliability of other brands after an overwhelming failure rate , I have yet to replace a TRW arm less that 5 years old.

as for the rest of the car, ALL of these cars can have a slight rust issue under the floor, but mainly it's just surface, the GTV though will rot out the rear arches so look out for that, and they all suffer from corroded brake lines, GTV normally across the rear axle area but all of them under the front inner wing.

conaero

Forum Owner
For 156, 147, GT and GTV wishbones ONLY use TRW, they are the OEM and they are the only ones which come lubricated, I have given up fitting any other make now as I have no confidence in the reliability of other brands after an overwhelming failure rate , I have yet to replace a TRW arm less that 5 years old.

as for the rest of the car, ALL of these cars can have a slight rust issue under the floor, but mainly it's just surface, the GTV though will rot out the rear arches so look out for that, and they all suffer from corroded brake lines, GTV normally across the rear axle area but all of them under the front inner wing.

I second the use of OEM wishbones. I used Birth which are pre greased too and they last 6 months a side. Replaced th with Birth again and failed in 6 months so am now running OEM

CPE

My old GT is up for sale, black 3.2 with red Moo and adj/coilovers mapped Q2 etc etc

Hi all,
As Van says, that's mine which is for sale and has been at Llandow, so you may have seen it there. My new car arrives soon, so it will need to go unfortunately.

FYI, The bottom arms were replaced last year (8000 miles ago) and the upper arms were done in January (about 1000 miles ago) OEM were used for both upper and lower.

Give me a shout if you want to know more.

vantastic

I would have this back If I had the cash, bloody good car and way better than the GTV 3.2 I had, massive boot and fits 4 people, the last Busso 3.2 so its going to be classic one day ;)

conaero

Forum Owner
I would have this back If I had the cash, bloody good car and way better than the GTV 3.2 I had, massive boot and fits 4 people, the last Busso 3.2 so its going to be classic one day ;)

Nah, still on the hunt for a GTV 3.2, I accept the practicability of the GT but the GTV just has that special feel the GT does not.

Hopefully seeing another one tomorrow.

vantastic

Nah, still on the hunt for a GTV 3.2, I accept the practicability of the GT but the GTV just has that special feel the GT does not.

Thats just down to taste, I like both but the GT is the one I would pick and use every day

smiffy

The Gt is not far me, 14k for 156 gta!!! Low mileage, if that's in mint condition that's a definite garage queen. You can get cheaper gtv's than that.

smiffy

Once you've got a 3.2 it's very hard to get rid, belive me I would like to get rid of mine (fancy a change) but I know I would miss it soooooooo much lol

vantastic

Best to buy a car Alfa thats known, red will grow on you, listen to the wife then go buy a BMW or Aldi

Maser Sod

Still on the hunt for one?

I still fancy another but don't have enough parking space now. When I eventually get one it'll have an ironing board on the back this time! :)

CPE

Just out of interest how much?

ATM I would take £3500 for a quick sale, I have spent too much on it to sell for less. I know I'll regret selling it if it goes.

The red leather isn't as bright as the pictures make it look.