What Fuel??

Llanrads

I have been running my v6 on high Octane fuel at all times. Is this necessary?

Can't find spec in handbook.

Stef

smiffy

I run the gta on high octane when I can, seem to get more miles per gallon from using it, I don't think it's necessary tho. I know people that use normal petrol and have no problems

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Maser Sod

Not necessary at all.

But a performance car will usually perform better with higher RON fuel, and be more fuel efficient, so it makes sense (to me anyway) to always use it where possible.

Shell V-Power is 100 RON so better value than other higher cost 'supers' which are usually 97 or 98 RON. So if you can forgive Shell for fuel price fixing, fill your car up at their stations where possible.

M

Mista Smiff

Well I don't know if it's of any relevance to any of you, but I have tried both in my Spider Twinny, there are no problems with using standard fuel, but she do seem to like the high octane stuff, she shows me this by giving me a few more miles to the gallon, only three or four or so, but she also seems smoother somehow? I am quite willing to accept that it is purely psychological and I am creating a salve for the extra damage to me wallet.:biggrin:

Alfa Muppet

My Q4 and 90 do seem to run better with a sharper response on Shell V power than anything else - mpg is not something I tend to monitor

conaero

Forum Owner
Noticed similar in my motors.....no real performance gains but a few more miles per gallon I recon.

M

Mista Smiff

Noticed similar in my motors.....no real performance gains but a few more miles per gallon I recon.

Isn't that a kind of performance gain though? It says to me that the fuel in your car is being used more efficiently. If the engine feels smoother as mine does, if for a given throttle opening you are travelling further and faster for less fuel investment???

Please look upon the above as more question than answer.

alfawestlancashire

Have just changed from V power to Tesco momentum and She loves it must be the ethanol they mix in with it, she like a cat on steroids.

alfawestlancashire

Is that cheeper than V power?

Yes Mate, and if you shop at tesco and use your club card you can get upto 20p per ltre off,, yes you did read that right 20p per ltre, is that not a good enough reason to change as well as the ethanol, made a massive change in throttle responce at lower rpm.

lisknik

Yes Mate, and if you shop at tesco and use your club card you can get upto 20p per ltre off,, yes you did read that right 20p per ltre, is that not a good enough reason to change as well as the ethanol, made a massive change in throttle responce at lower rpm.

Food for thought :)