I am a bit of a chunky chappy..

M

Mista Smiff

Well ok, fat bastid if you like, now when Graham Eddy did me spiders rear end, he lent me a 156 estate for the day, it were a little diesel jobbie as I recall. The question I have is, do any of you, (if you are built like me) find them a bit cramped. It was a nice wee car and all that but the leg room was pants! I really needed that seat to go back another 4 inches at least.

See the thing is, I would like another Alfa, I may sell the Spider as as nice as she is, she is a little cramped as well. If I sold her I would increase the size of me car buying pot. I love the looks of the 33s and the 75s, but finding a nice one is very hard these days. Saying that, I have never sat in a 33, I might find that cramped as well? I reckon a 75 should fit me ok, which leads me to thinking about more modern equivalents like 159s and GTs and such???

Thoughts and opinions very welcome!

ATB, Ray.

lisknik

Don't think the 33 would suit you, it is cramped and the pedels are left of the steering wheel, and close together ;) Reckon you will need to go for the more modern equivalent t be totally honest :)

M

Mista Smiff

Don't think the 33 would suit you, it is cramped and the pedels are left of the steering wheel, and close together ;) Reckon you will need to go for the more modern equivalent t be totally honest :)

Oh that's great that is! So Alfa only built cars for the gnomes of Milano?? So it looks like a 166 then do it??:frusty5:

vantastic

GT has loads of room, 75 is also a good size, 33 is hard work if tall or fat, 166 fits anyone

M

Mista Smiff

Yerst I see even the dicky head Clarkson can fit in a 166! Sorry for posting in inappropriate places, I will watch out for that in future. Forums are a bit of a maze to me I'm afraid.

vantastic

Yerst I see even the dicky head Clarkson can fit in a 166! Sorry for posting in inappropriate places, I will watch out for that in future. Forums are a bit of a maze to me I'm afraid.

You post were you want, was pointing it out to help mate, put the same question in another place may get more seen, but the Mods should have done that for you mind lol

smiffy

I'm a large guy as van has pointed out on many occasion, I've had a 156 gta and had no problem, got a Gt now and no problem, just brought a 33 and have no problem getting that. Don't put a car down until you've sat in it

sent from my new fan dangled electronic device that is too perplexing for old people

lisknik

You post were you want, was pointing it out to help mate, put the same question in another place may get more seen, but the Mods should have done that for you mind lol

Try to avoid that, as it be done to much somewhere else ;) Thought this one is ok where it is :)

M

Mista Smiff

I'm a large guy as van has pointed out on many occasion, I've had a 156 gta and had no problem, got a Gt now and no problem, just brought a 33 and have no problem getting that. Don't put a car down until you've sat in it

sent from my new fan dangled electronic device that is too perplexing for old people[

I don't need to know that, or even if it is perplexing! Note to self, go find a 33 to sit in, then a 75, then a 164, then a 166. Like bloddy musical chairs!:)

M

Mista Smiff

Try to avoid that, as it be done to much somewhere else ;) Thought this one is ok where it is :)

I just went for a 30 mile blat in me Zoe Bella................I'd forgotten how magnifico she is! I haven't driven her since last November, other than to go and get her MOT last April, but that don't count really.:)

Swift edit....
I meant to say, loads of people waved me out of side roads and across when I was waiting to turn right etc. It was kinda nice, I don't get that in me daily driver.

lisknik

I just went for a 30 mile blat in me Zoe Bella................I'd forgotten how magnifico she is! I haven't driven her since last November, other than to go and get her MOT last April, but that don't count really.:)

Swift edit....
I meant to say, loads of people waved me out of side roads and across when I was waiting to turn right etc. It was kinda nice, I don't get that in me daily driver.

Same happens when i go out in the 33, was even talking to a right boy racer about her yesterday, had a chaved up feista, he loved her! :)

smiffy

sent from my new fan dangled electronic device that is too perplexing for old people[/QUOTE]

I don't need to know that, or even if it is perplexing! Note to self, go find a 33 to sit in, then a 75, then a 164, then a 166. Like bloddy musical chairs!:)

I like musical chairs
Especially car related ones

M

Mista Smiff

Same happens when i go out in the 33, was even talking to a right boy racer about her yesterday, had a chaved up feista, he loved her! :)

I had her parked outside the garage with her top down earlier, and people were crossing the road to have a look as they went by, some stopped and asked a question or two, I was doing a few odd jobs in the garage that needed doing not posing!:)

It's kind of nice when that happens, because to be honest, I am not a very gregarious sort of person really, and I suppose she makes me more sociable than I am. As she is 14 years old, and there are not all that many around N. Devon, I shouldn't be surprised at the positive interest she generates, but I often am.

Bottom line is, she is just a car, a machine to get one from A to B, but she does somehow feel more than that, and it's surprising how she stirs peoples emotions in a nice sort of way.:)

M

Mista Smiff

Mistake - an Alfa is not just a car!!! :naker:

Of course it's just a car, a nice car, but just a car none the less!

Incoooooooooooooooooooooomiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!!!!!:saifi2: