Beautifulbusso's 75 Build Thread

beautifulbusso

Oh I did take one photo on the way home while stopped for fuel :)

15bb1eef91612d4ae6e13e203f4b59f7_zpsb1058291.jpg

lisknik

Retro Alfa, love it :) Like the steering wheel and all :)

How you finding driving a left hooker??

beautifulbusso

Retro Alfa, love it :) Like the steering wheel and all :)

How you finding driving a left hooker??

Tbh it's actually okay, I might of nearly opened the door when going to change gear....and sat in the passenger seat twice when coming back to her when parked up though :lol:

beautifulbusso

Well I got up this morning to give her a clean, didn't finish until gone half 3 if not a bit later...that's almost 8 hours of nonstop washing :D

I didn't actually realise how filthy she was, once I'd snow foamed, washed and dried off, I stood back and thought fuuuuuuuuuuuck, this is going to take a while!!

I've just taken a few photos as I'm shattered and off to London soon in her :)

DSC_0025_zpsl2o9so6h.jpg

The paint actually looked dark grey!!
DSC_0026_zpsvltauez8.jpg

And the finished photos.
DSC_0029_zpsotruywv5.jpg

DSC_0030_zpsh4zepayj.jpg

DSC_0028_zpsnqjwcjgs.jpg

DSC_0032_zpspq9dbu4t.jpg

Yes real SZ alloys, the will be refurbished ASAP.
DSC_0031_zps6ucguizb.jpg

It's already started being a typical 80s Alfa though, I took her for a spin this morning and as soon as I hit peak boost my speedo stops working, then once I come off boost it works again, so I'm having to use my GPS so I know my speed ;)

beautifulbusso

Small kind of update today.

I've ended up having today off work so thought I would tackle cleaning out all the small bits on the car, like the door shuts, boot shut and make a start on the engine bay but I wish I didn't as now my hands are cut to pieces!! :)

I started off cleaning the boot area, paying partuclar interest on the shut area as it was filthy, as well as hovering out the boot area while I was at it. I actually ended up removing the spare wheel and cleaning out that section as it was silly dirty and ended up finding some old Italian papers, which was an added bonus.

As you can see, I also removed the number plate as it was looking rather dirty and wanted to fit new ones, what I found was the original Italian number plate which I think is an amazing find.

I then moved my attention to the petrol cap as it was covered in grime inside it, so now it's looking kinda new.

Once that was done, I moved my attention to the door shuts, only did two today as time was pressing on and wanted a rest. I was quite happy with how they have come up actually, almost looks new!

I then chose to make a proper start on that lovely looking engine bay, which has a lot of potential I think. The parts which I have done has come up rather nice, it's not finished hence why you can still see dirt etc, plus I will be doing a bit more tomorrow.

Then once I was done for the day, I took two final photo's. I personally think she looks quite smart on the original plate.

Tomorrow's jobs will be to do the two other door shuts, more of the engine bay and if I have time, carry on with the machine polishing.

lisknik

Brilliant you got those plates :) Can't wait till Sunday :)

When you doing your first drive by hehe :)

beautifulbusso

Hope you liked her on Sunday Nick :)

I've just had 4 new tyres fitted, including the very hard to find size for the rears, Continentals all round!!

Also today, I phoned up Alfaholics about their 'fast road handling kit' and ended up ordering that, along with poly bushes for the watts linkage and some other goodies which they fit to their 105 series Alfas but will fit the 75, spent a small fortune on the kit but will be worth it :)

dickyb

Turns out I can't get the supersprint system as they don't have any and won't make one more set doh!! So I'll go to Alfatune to have a side exit made up :)

Did you manage to source an exhaust in the end? If not have you considered CSC in Italy? They are excellent quality and are developed on a dyno so have proven power increases, good value for money too. They are happy to make you a system from the catalogue if they don't have it in stock so no problems with minimum orders etc:

http://www.csc-marmitte.it/index.ph...nid=89&cntnt01productid=37&cntnt01returnid=89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HD6YMg3ens

EB Spares are UK distributors so might be worth giving them a call.

beautifulbusso

Did you manage to source an exhaust in the end? If not have you considered CSC in Italy? They are excellent quality and are developed on a dyno so have proven power increases, good value for money too. They are happy to make you a system from the catalogue if they don't have it in stock so no problems with minimum orders etc:

http://www.csc-marmitte.it/index.ph...nid=89&cntnt01productid=37&cntnt01returnid=89

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HD6YMg3ens

EB Spares are UK distributors so might be worth giving them a call.

Hey Dickyb,

I have looked into a system from CSC and I may end up getting a system from them. My only issue is that I will need a more a less completely custom setup as A, it'll be a side exit and B, i'll be needing it in a bigger diameter, probably 2 1/3" so it'll be future proofed for the future...

Plus she's currently away having work done, so my mechanic is going to possibly make a custom one for me :D