Beautifulbusso's 75 Build Thread

beautifulbusso

Hey guys and gals!!!

I've just purchased a new to me Alfa 75, must say that I'm very excited!

She's an 1988 75 ie, yes that means 1.8 8v Turbo, left hand drive. She's already had a few tweaks along the lines of side exit exhaust, tweaked MAF/MAP sensor and Squadra chip to bring power up to approx 200bhp. Also has the Recaro interior and genuine Alfa SZ alloys

My plan is to have her resprayed in original Nero, with the interior redone as she looks a bit tired.

She's only done 66k kilometres too :D

ba1f8db8e98c6de96ad62df669065843_zps65c1d103.jpg

I should be collecting her in a few weeks time when she's got a fresh MOT and welding sorted, she's also coming with new plugs, all fresh oil and brand new brakes all round :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Cheers guys, I worked out that it's 26 years old :D

If she was blonde and leggy, you would not be complaining!

Nice motor, I must buy something like this to smoke around in, great old cars. Whats the rust like on the 75, bad or are they all galvanised?

beautifulbusso

If she was blonde and leggy, you would not be complaining!

Nice motor, I must buy something like this to smoke around in, great old cars. Whats the rust like on the 75, bad or are they all galvanised?

So very true!!

This particular 75 is in rather brilliant condition tbh, only heeds a little bit of welding. I guess it's typical Alfa, very hit and miss :lol:

beautifulbusso

So smallish kinda update.

She passed the MOT with no issues at all, not even one advisory which is outstanding for a 26 year old car :D

Also she's going to be mapped properly by Gus so I know that she's running spot on, plus don't really fancy the engine going pop :lol:

Side issue, trying to get good quality tyres for the rear and fronts are a pain in the ***, 225/40r16 rears are rare as fook! 205/45r16 for the front is also a rare size. So if anyone knows a place that sells these tyres but good tyres please say :)

lisknik

Good news!! :) hmm will have to ask around for the tyres.

Next time you speak to Gus ask him what he can do for a 2.5 V6 ;)

Alfa Muppet

Nice motor, I must buy something like this to smoke around in, great old cars. Whats the rust like on the 75, bad or are they all galvanised?[/QUOTE]

Got a rare 90 for sale? 2.5v 6 very smooth!

lisknik

Got a rare 90 for sale? 2.5v 6 very smooth![/QUOTE]

Thas a good Idea, Matt you could get that!! ;)