More Power!!!!

conaero

Forum Owner
More power, you say? Alfa Romeo planning 270-horsepower 4C?

alfa-romeo-4c-2-970x646-c.jpg

Fiat-owned Alfa Romeo is reportedly developing a more powerful version of the mid-engined 4C.

The upgraded 4C will likely wear the Quadrifoglio Verde moniker, a name used on many hot-rodded Alfas over the past few decades. Rumors indicate it will pack a 270-horsepower evolution of the standard 4C’s turbocharged 1.7-liter four-cylinder engine. The extra 30 ponies will allow the featherlight 4C to hit 60 mph from a stop in less than 4.5 seconds, positioning it within a stone’s throw of the Porsche Boxster S in terms of acceleration.

Bigger brakes on all four corners and a stiffer suspension setup will help the driver make the most of the turbo four. However, the 4C Quadrifoglio Verde will remain a bare-bones, back-to-the-basics machine that will eschew modern niceties such as power steering and a touch screen-based infotainment system.

Visually, the Quadrifoglio Verde will be distinguishable from a stock 4C thanks to additional air vents in front of the rear wheels, deeper side skirts, new exhaust pipes and a redesigned front bumper with larger air intakes on either side. Verde-specific paint colors and Alfa’s heritage-laced four-leaf clover emblem will round out the exterior updates.

WorldCarFans speculates the Alfa Romeo 4C Quadrifoglio Verde will be presented to the public for the first time at next year’s Geneva Motor Show. The publication also points out the Verde could spawn a long-rumored, track-only version of the 4C that would be eligible to participate in a wide variety of motorsport events all around the globe.

While Alfa Romeo has not officially commented on the rumors, CEO Harald Wester hinted last June that “there is space” to squeeze more power out of the 4C’s four-banger.

Source: http://www.digitaltrends.com/photogalleries/alfa-planning-270-horsepower-4c/#ixzz3Gg3A0Zin

Maser Sod

Pogea Tuning currently offer a Stage 1 tune to 295hp. The owner, Ed Pogea, has his own 4C modified to run at 420hp, and it has held up fine for 30,000km+, apparently. I'm getting quite tempted, but will get my Year 1 service out of the way first.

Incidentally, there's a full recall on early 4C's to change (amongst other things) the front suspension. I wonder whether the difference between earlier and later 4C's accounts to some extent for the rather varied reviews of the 4C.

Here's another review, quite entertaining and very positive for a change:
http://jalopnik.com/the-alfa-romeo-4c-shames-every-other-sports-car-on-the-1701901653

Smaky

Pogea Tuning currently offer a Stage 1 tune to 295hp. The owner, Ed Pogea, has his own 4C modified to run at 420hp, and it has held up fine for 30,000km+, apparently. I'm getting quite tempted, but will get my Year 1 service out of the way first.

Incidentally, there's a full recall on early 4C's to change (amongst other things) the front suspension. I wonder whether the difference between earlier and later 4C's accounts to some extent for the rather varied reviews of the 4C.

Here's another review, quite entertaining and very positive for a change:
http://jalopnik.com/the-alfa-romeo-4c-shames-every-other-sports-car-on-the-1701901653

The recall is only to replace the front hubs if they are cracking, all the other stuff is optional if the owner requests it...Battery, Shocks/springs.....

Maser Sod

The recall is only to replace the front hubs if they are cracking, all the other stuff is optional if the owner requests it...Battery, Shocks/springs.....

Interesting. Did you hear that from an owner or a dealer?

I spoke to Alfa Romeo UK a couple of days ago about it, as I was concerned. They mentioned that a larger battery, new shocks and an ECU remap would be provided as part of an 'upgrade programme' for certain cars.

Based on comments from 4C owners elsewhere, the upgrade appears to be for cars built before Q4 2014.

AR UK didn't mention front hubs. Do you have any more detail on that?