Another Project

conaero

Forum Owner
Just won this at an amazing price, one of only 39 in the UK with one original owner and 25k miles.

A big thanks to Lisnik for finding her for me!

Damage is mechanical which will result in an engine rebuild as we believe it hit a curb and set the airbags off, still runs and drives.

As many of you know, I have been after 3.2 GTV for ages, Ill just have to slum it in this until I find one.

If anyone on here can assist in the engine rebuild if I drop it round to you, get in touch.

Unknown-7.jpg

Unknown-2.jpg

Unknown-1.jpg

Unknown.jpg

Unknown-5.jpg

Unknown-6.jpg

Unknown-4.jpg

Unknown-3.jpg

lisknik

Still don't understand why it has engine damage if it has just hit a curb and set the airbags off? Reakon you need to wait until it arrives and get it accessed, in the mean time i am going to search me photo's as i am sure as i have seen it before :)

Alfa Muppet

Looks good, I guess the curb could have cracked the sump or oil cooler pipes, maybe dropping the oil

Is it the std 3.2? Some had the GTA engine fitted

conaero

Forum Owner
All 3.2 engines are the same. Same as the 3l but with different crank and inlet cams. ECU is different to, that's about it.

I recon it's done the oil cooler or pipes.

conaero

Forum Owner
Still trying to locate the red master key I have been told that the "Keys" are enroute to head office then they will have to be sent back to York dealer where I bought it from.

Until I have the red key I am not going to pay, or am I being over cautious here???

There may be modern ways round this issue now, some advice would be good. The car does have a functioning set of keys with it.

lisknik

Think you are being over cautious tbh. Key and chip reprograming ain't really a problem nowadays. All my Alfa's have only every had one key, even with a few flat batteries and a engine out never had a problem with that side of things.

alfatan

umm look at the mileage 25666 its got the number of the beast... hope you are not superstitious like me Matt! Nice colour, most of the UK 3.2's tended to be wither silver or blue!

alfatan

umm look at the mileage 25666 its got the number of the beast... hope you are not superstitious like me Matt! Nice colour, most of the UK 3.2's tended to be either silver or blue!

smiffy

Is that lacquer peal on the bonnet? My gt only had 1 key, never had the red key with my alfas. They are not the correct wheels either are they. Those are ti wheels from a 156. Thought the gtv had 17 teledials or 5 spokes

conaero

Forum Owner
Is that lacquer peal on the bonnet? My gt only had 1 key, never had the red key with my alfas. They are not the correct wheels either are they. Those are ti wheels from a 156. Thought the gtv had 17 teledials or 5 spokes

The White arc on the bonnet is marker pen to indicate where the damage is, it's hit something underneath and lost its oil and been run dry.

The red key system was for GTV and earlier, think the 155 and 145 ran the same system and the Maserati 3200 too.

They are the correct wheels for a phase 3 spider, this one is a special edition.

vantastic

Not sure that would have master key, 2 normal keys and one that only opens and starts it for valet people, while since I had mine so could be wrong

beautifulbusso

Sorry about the late comment :)

That does look nice, those are very nice in red,very rare too!!

If you need any help with the engine bay, parts or ideas for mods, feel free to give me a shout :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Sorry about the late comment :)

That does look nice, those are very nice in red,very rare too!!

If you need any help with the engine bay, parts or ideas for mods, feel free to give me a shout :)

Will do and thanks.

Do you break them, Ill send you a list when I get the lump out.

So far, the front manifold cat is squashed and so is the associated flexipipe. Can I just put CF2 manifolds on and not have to bother about moving Lambda sensors and the like?

Smaky

All 3.2 engines are the same. Same as the 3l but with different crank and inlet cams. ECU is different to, that's about it.

Er, no!

Pistons, conrods, liners, block, exhaust, manifolds, water pump (but is interchangeable), Loom, Injectors, throttle body.....