Transformation, 33 8v ie into a 16v

33bits

Greetings, thought i'd share this little project with you. A good friend of mine in Essex, Steve, bought this 33 8v ie off me last year & he loves it, but he missis the power & noise of the 16v he had years ago, so after a bit of planning we arranged that i would collect his car & replace the 8v lump with a nice 16v. Steve also wanted the car to look as if it came out the showroom as a 16v, so it had to look & drive as one too. So i promptly replaced the bumpers, mirrors, side skirts, wheels, spoiler, fitted headlight washers, recaro interior & Nardi steering wheel. It was now starting to look like a 16v.

Then the 8v loom was all stripped out & the 16v loom fitted. All the front & rear suspension was changed for 16v stuff and refurbished front 16v brakes fitted, thanks to Rich B for supplying the brake parts.

Engine was easily persuaded out of the car & the 16v engine got treated to new head gaskets, belts, throttle body gaskets & plugs & leads.

16v going in........

All bolted in & plumbing almost done

After a dodgy crank sensor plug was sorted she started and runs lovely. yay

I've just need to replace the grey carpet with a black one & this project is done.
Many thanks to Steve for letting me loose on his 33, i hope you like the result, all done in 3 weeks too.

lisknik

Alex! Good to see you back on and great thread, brilliant job mate. Now get on with the P4, i want to have a go....... if your misses will let me of course ;) hehe

33bits

Ha. Yep the last few jobs on the p4 will be done during this month. Along with getting that tatty ol sw on the road!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk