Fulvia 1600 HF

zagatoes30

Sounds like they are in demand Andy. Bet he has a buyer lined up.

Two in the UK and one in Australia, he has found two more good ones in Italy but both are €30k which by the time you include exchange rates, collection and prep is £30k to him and a chunk more than I paid for mine. Mrs Z is happy that she listened to my man maths justification to buy in the first place :)

philw696

A Good investment there for sure.
Been watching them go up over here.
Hope the same happens with my Renault 4 ;)

zagatoes30

You can still pick up a good 1.3S Fulvia for under £20k but if you want one of the limited production models, Montecarlo, Safari, 1.3HF or 1.6HF you will have to pay much more. These are also the ones where the prices are moving quickly, 18mths ago you could pick up an HF for under £30k now you will be lucky to find one under £40k. This has pulled up the other HF bodied limited editions, MC & Safari, to close to the £30k mark but you need to be careful that they are genuine, this price rise has increased the umber of replicas being created from standard cars.

Lavazza

Was thinking about selling my Fulvia this year (S1 Rallye S), but the value isn't going down. Just a shame I don't get the opportunity to use it very much.

If anyone's interested, feel free to get in touch.

Attachments

• IMG_20170716_213639.jpg
    IMG_20170716_213639.jpg
    800 KB · Views: 10

zagatoes30

Was thinking about selling my Fulvia this year (S1 Rallye S), but the value isn't going down. Just a shame I don't get the opportunity to use it very much.

If anyone's interested, feel free to get in touch.

Never been a fan of the chrome bonnet strip on the S1, a mate in the village has an an S1 with the strip removed and it looks great and even with the 4 speed box is surprisingly spritely.

Do you know Tony Rosewell? He is pretty key on driving prices of Fulvias in the UK and he is always looking for good cars as he has customers waiting for the right ones, let me know if you need his details if nothing else he will be able to advise on best way to move it on if that's what you decide

BuckRog64

Never been a fan of the chrome bonnet strip on the S1, a mate in the village has an an S1 with the strip removed and it looks great and even with the 4 speed box is surprisingly spritely.

Do you know Tony Rosewell? He is pretty key on driving prices of Fulvias in the UK and he is always looking for good cars as he has customers waiting for the right ones, let me know if you need his details if nothing else he will be able to advise on best way to move it on if that's what you decide
I have always had a soft spot for the Fulvia and they were in my Top 10 as a child. Born in '64 meant it was the facelifted cars that appealed back then but now the Series 1 also appeals especially ivo its true Lancia build quality. Think your car looks great Lavazza.

Like many classics it looks like the best or rare examples continue to go up in value whereas the simply good recent imports from Italy appear to have stalled price wise. My local guy Mr Speedlux had a good, but not great, Series 2 in navy with cream for £16k that eventually went to Historics Brooklands auction in September and sold for only half that.

What are your views on this HF? The bumpers would have to come off but nice to have them. Assume price reflects tired interior and fact it needs a further repaint.

http://www.mrspeedlux.com/1972-lancia-fulvia-1600hf/

Pete

Last edited:

zagatoes30

I have always thought the Mr Speedlux is a bit on the pricey side but from what I have heard prices are normally more of a guide and there is a likely to be a deal to be done. However I do know that someone made an offer on the navy S2 which was less than asking price but more than auction price which was turned down.

That said the 1600HF he has seems reasonable, it is a UK spec car RHD and raised outer lights which limits the market to UK / Ireland, it has quite a few miles, documented rather than Italian imports which often have little history, it might need some TLC but compared to LHD cars from Europe the price seems good. You would need to see it in the flesh to validate that and I agree it needs to lose the bumpers.

I would also comment that I had the same views on Tony Rosewell at Princes Risborough, nice cars but very strong prices that was until I went to see him and talked to him about how he sources his cars, the checks (he always goes to Italy to see them before finalising a purchase) and prep work he does before putting them up for sale etc. Tony tends to focus on the rarer cars, limited edition models, low mileage or proven race history etc. Mine came via Tony and there was a deal to be had and he always offers to buy his cars back. Talking to him yesterday it appears that he can still find cars that meet his requirements in Italy but they are proving to be more expensive, he still rejects 9 out 10 cars he is offered and many of those then appear on other import websites.

I though I had bought into the Fulvia at the top of the curve, which wasn't an issue as I have no plans to sell, but I wanted to be sure I had a good as car as I could get which I think I have but it seems prices are still strong for the right cars.

BuckRog64

Thanks for the quick and helpful response Andy.

Interesting re the navy car. I think it was sourced from Italy a couple of years ago and maybe the dealer had it back to sell on SOR as it eventually went to auction along with an SM he was advertising.

Yes I need to go and look at that HF. Good point re the mileage. However, given money spent on very recent engine rebuild and other mechanical work it might make a better driver than a more expensive garage queen. I know the UK headlight arrangement is disliked but I think I would find country road overtaking with a rhd car safer and I assume rhd cars are pretty rare.

zagatoes30

Thanks for the quick and helpful response Andy.

Interesting re the navy car. I think it was sourced from Italy a couple of years ago and maybe the dealer had it back to sell on SOR as it eventually went to auction along with an SM he was advertising.

Yes I need to go and look at that HF. Good point re the mileage. However, given money spent on very recent engine rebuild and other mechanical work it might make a better driver than a more expensive garage queen. I know the UK headlight arrangement is disliked but I think I would find country road overtaking with a rhd car safer and I assume rhd cars are pretty rare.

I have 3 LHD cars and once you get used to them there is no issue overtaking you just learn some new skills. I would have thought there are less RHD cars but then so are there less customers especially outside the UK.

zagatoes30

My brother sold this one a genuine 1600 HF not long after I started the thread for £14,000 rust free and new bare metal paint job and had been in the family since 83 I think.
Hindsight aye.

Hindsight, I turned down the first 1600HF I went to see a Targa Florio a few years back, mint LHD car with alloy bonnet, boot & doors at the heady price of £18.5k :(

philw696

When my twin brother sold it to our younger brother for £1500 to buy a house in 89 he thought he'd done well after paying a Grand.
How times change.

Lavazza

I think I'm right in saying the gearing on the 4 speed is the same as the first four gears on the 5 speed, so should be as quick.
Personally, I like the chrome strip on the bonnet - I specifically looked for the S1 Rallye S, it's a little bit more powerful, lighter panels than the later cars, and the leva longa gearbox is excellent. The bumpers look good on it too. To me, it's just the way it should be.

Lavazza

I like the idea, but a professional rebuild has to be easily well north of £50k, surely, and it would have to be absolutely bang on it yet s of correct period detail.

I still like the idea, but that one deserves real commitment and attention to detail.

lifes2short

i'm a bit suspicious with the lack of proper photos and minor description, could be genuine find and would be worth well over 100k when restored and with all the proper history/paperwork, or could be a scammer, I see the ebayer has only joined ebay December 2018??