Fulvia 1600 HF

zagatoes30

Itch been started again today meet Barry Whizzo Williams at our local car event and what was he driving? Yes a Fulvia 1600 HF

IMG_8201.jpg

IMG_8202.jpg

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Very desirable cars, saw this today.
Off topic, but with you having a SZ, saw an SZ too today.
The owner was gutted, he has had his SZ about 5 years and within the last year the whole body has had a massive outbreak of micro-blisters on every single panel, not small ones either, absolutely covered.
He has had estimates as high as £18K to get the whole car stripped back and painted. Didn't know this was a potential SZ problem, and car is garaged too. Didn't take a photograph as I thought it would be inappropriate.

Attachments

• DSC_0888.jpg
    DSC_0888.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 64

zagatoes30

Any SZ that shows no sign of micro blisters has been painted. They all suffered some worse than others.

Mine wasn't too bad but I had it painted 10 years ago and it has been perfect ever since. As long as you treat the gel coat properly you can get rid of the problem. £18k to respray is mad, mine was £5k to sort the issue and will be getting painted again this winter mainly to deal with track day paint chips but as the gel coat has been sorted it will be about £3k to do it this time.

philw696

Do love a Fulvia HF with many good memories from childhood when my father was associated with the Jolly Club and many a fast road trip in a works spec HF.
They have a distinctive interior smell which I remember well too.

philw696

FB_IMG_1457121147795.jpg
My late father in the middle with my grandfather on the right can't think who the guy on the left is but this was for the Spa 24 hours.
The Fanalone headlights look spot on over the UK ones in my opinion.

zagatoes30

Later UK raised lights don't work IMO, neither does the chrome strip down the bonnet on the earlier cars. I know exactly the look I want just need to find the right car

philw696

FB_IMG_1489869740977.jpg
Don't get me wrong Andy I would have a UK one but a LHD would be my choice.
This was my twin brothers car recently sold and owned since 82 and back in the day would embarrass XR3 and XR2 for sure I was driving Alfetta's myself and what fun we had.

zagatoes30

Pretty sure I will end up with a LHD one, most of the better ones are tucked up in Italy although a few are now making their way to the UK. I have an Italian friend who is on the look out over there and I religiously follow all the cars that come up on the normal sites.

Needed to clear the Spyder to make the space so when I get back from Le Mans I can hunt in earnest

philw696

Nice one Andy love spending others .
Joking aside it looks Stunning and can't wait to see how you bond together.

philw696

My twin brothers old 1600 HF finally now back on the road in leafy Surrey first time since 89 and in my opinion looks Stunning.
Enjoy folks :)FB_IMG_1499458286838.jpg

JonW

Looks fab - I'm in Surrey and would love to see this in the flesh (metal)...

MrMickS

That looks fantastic. Always liked the Fulvia sadly there are so many cars I'd like and so little space to store them I'm not sure I'll ever have one.