Very, very lucky to walk out of this alive...

2b1ask1

Special case
As said over the way, it goes light on him and by the time it lands it is already in deep doodoo!!! Having the money to afford one doesn't equate to having the skill to control it...

Alfa Muppet

The most lucky escape I have ever seen, is a friend of mine about 7 years ago who meet a tractor at speed on a greasy Devon road in her MR2. Lucky for her she had a Targa top and the tractor hit the centre of the car!!! She escaped with 20 stiches and in the true spirit of a Toyota the engine was still running and the radio didn't fail

CAK567WL.jpgCASPYJGP.jpgIMG_0249.jpg

Maser Sod

Reminds me of when some idiot in one of the first Gumballs sped through a village in a Ferrari at a ridiculous speed and killed one of the residents.

c4sman

With modern high performance 500bhp+ cars being so easy to drive due to amazing electronic aids and super grippy tyres, many feel invincible at big speeds as they have never had to control a car with no driver aids or airbags. None of that helps beyond the laws of physics, especially if you are airborne and travelling at 200mph. In saying that, never nice to see anyone hurt even if their own fault.

Contigo

Sponsor
As said over the way, it goes light on him and by the time it lands it is already in deep doodoo!!! Having the money to afford one doesn't equate to having the skill to control it...

To be fair at that speed any undulation will unsettle most cars!

conaero

Forum Owner
I tend to agree. The driver does not seem to be acting irrationally and he has a good firm grip of the wheel.

What we can't see from the video is the road and maybe he was driving too fast for the surface and the undulation caught him out, where if you are going to do those speeds it's more than just pressing the pedal on the right!

c4sman

I tend to agree. The driver does not seem to be acting irrationally and he has a good firm grip of the wheel.

What we can't see from the video is the road and maybe he was driving too fast for the surface and the undulation caught him out, where if you are going to do those speeds it's more than just pressing the pedal on the right!
You can see his speedo for most of the video and he is regularly exceeding 320kph (ie 200mph). I think if you are going to do that on a public road you better have a good sense of road surface conditions and be looking a long way ahead for undulations. Best kept to German autobahns that are derestricted.

lisknik