Black Giulietta

zagatoes30

Off for it's MOT next week and to investigate the high running temperature although it looks like it might be as simple as a faulty gauge as the neither engine or rad appear to be getting that hot. Fortunately I have a few spares should I need to swap it out.

zagatoes30

Looking forward to getting home this week as the bodyshop have addressed the only paint issue her. What looked like two small bubbles appeared on the boot lid which thankfully has turned out not to be rust - phew. It was just some previous filler had lifted, this has now been removed and the prepared properly including another bit around the lock that had sunk slightly. All now super smooth and shiny black (well from the photos) but as the bodyshop are doing this as proof of their work, they want to paint the SZ, I am expecting perfection.

zagatoes30

It's back and fitted will get some photos tomorrow but it looks stunning equally important no signs of the dreaded tin worm were found

zagatoes30

Failed on washers and small front number plate, despite it having that one for at least the last 8 MOTs.

Tester stunned that were no signs of rust, no signs of previous welding on a 35 year old 80s Alfa :thumb3:

zagatoes30

Passed :)

A few little jobs, Exhaust gaskets replaced, bigger number plate (which will be going in the boot) and propshaft coupling - pretty good for it's age

zagatoes30

Just started the Giulietta, first time this year and once the pump had got the fuel to the carbs off she went.

Put my hand on the throttle linkage to catch the revs only to feel neat fuel spraying on it.

Oops leaking fuel hose, best replace them before we take it out properly.

zagatoes30

MOT Passed, one advisory slight play in front wheel bearing, not bad for a 36 year old Alfa

I had forgotten how well the suspension is set up on that car it is probably the best balance of compliance and control I have ever driven.