599 gtb

Mr.Cambio

About LHD/RHD.. How much would it take to turn the left seat into right, pluse stering, dash etc..?...Will it be more than the saved 20k?...

2b1ask1

Special case
Back in the day; the Sultan of Brunei had a right hand drive Porsche 959 indeed the ONLY one ever made, this was for his London garage/collection - this I know because I zymolled it and many others in that garage :D

Mr.Cambio

Quite likely that such an intensive modification would add to the insurance premium as well.

i believe that If someone keeps an eye on breaking cars, the mod could be less expensive. But It still needs lot of time and patience.

MAF260

It's a relief the thing only has two seats or it would be a very difficult conversation as I booked a one-way ticket to Stuttgart and a ferry home. And put the house on the market.

Adam, if you're selling the house then you may as well go the whole hog and buy a GTO. I was drooling over a few at DK Engineering on Saturday. Lots of presence, but a very big car for a 2-seater. According to those in the know at the weekend, now's the time to buy as they're expected to start appreciating in value....

Here's 5 (yes, 5!) parked together:
image.jpg

And my favourite. Less than 1,000 miles from new, RHD and for sale by DKE. Price is POA, but I'm sure you can afford it!!
image.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Mark, that sounds like a bloody good idea. Those GTOs are something truly special. I can see why the black and yellow one caught your attention - the steroid-fuelled offspring of your GranSports?

MAF260

Mark, that sounds like a bloody good idea. Those GTOs are something truly special. I can see why the black and yellow one caught your attention - the steroid-fuelled offspring of your GranSports?

Ha! I hadn't thought of that. Here's their other offspring:

yellow GTO.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
One was from MD's other 2 private sale.I reckon to get one with 30-50k km and full service history you're looking to spent around 85-90k euro

Still a healthy saving compared to UK prices, but with a longer journey to make sure what you've found is a good 'un.

todea20

Well for me if it's not 20k in my pocket i wouldn't bother.It's just to much to do for let's say 10k in price difference...and not sure about resale how easy will be with lhd.

hoyin

Surely you can just re sell it in Europe? Let me know how you get on as I said before I am interested in doing the same, but on a different car.

Wattie

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
How a car like that can have no service history or service book is amazing and a good reason to avoid it like the plague. Have you looked at the main dealer sites?

todea20

How a car like that can have no service history or service book is amazing and a good reason to avoid it like the plague. Have you looked at the main dealer sites?

Buying from the main dealer i'm sure it will cost me more than 80k and i'm not set to pay more than that.Is the 599 a better build than F430?You can get one in good condition for about 70k