599 gtb

safrane

Could always check with Ferrari to see if the car has been serviced in house even if the history is lost by the owner.

hoyin

The problem with footballers cars is that have more money than sense. So they don't bother servicing it. No time for that. They just drive it till it breaks or they crash it and then buy a new one.

todea20

Could always check with Ferrari to see if the car has been serviced in house even if the history is lost by the owner.

Got a reply today from one of the seller regarding the service book and he's saying he can now provide a blank service book for extra 800 euro.Apparently that much Ferrari charge for a new service book

MAF260

Got a reply today from one of the seller regarding the service book and he's saying he can now provide a blank service book for extra 800 euro.Apparently that much Ferrari charge for a new service book

I wouldn't be walking away from that car....I'd be running!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member

And how much would he sell the service stamps for..?

hilts uk

Bringing up the thread again. Im looking at 599's at the moment. You were right - 2015 was the tiem to buy. Prices are up c£30k since then and still rising. Current values are 50% of original sales prices - compare this to the 430 which is trading at or above sales price. The F12 has also seen little or no depreciation.

Seems the cheapest ones are £100k in the UK upto £140k. In Europe they go for €90k upwards so RHD's add c20%. I test drove a LHD one today - shipped in from the gulf. 6 litre V12 with 600+HP and an engine based on the Enzo. 0-60 in 3.5 and tops out at 200 mph. Just amazing power and yet its easier to drive than my MCV. I seriously tempted to sell the MCV and buy one.

I know the running costs are large but they aren't as bad as most people think - there are belts anymore but brakes very expensive.

ANy have any experience or thoughts on the F599?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
ANy have any experience or thoughts on the F599?

Lusty ones, mostly. It's an amazing amount of car for the money and, as you say, two years ago was the time to get in one. £90k would see you in a perfectly good example which now you'd be looking at £120k plus for. They also look fantastic; the buttresses are just pure class.

My biggest concern is the mileage aspect; they do still seem to take a hit as you pile the miles on. That said, man-maths says that even if you do around 5k per year the value will still likely go up faster than the increased mileage would bring it down (if you see what I mean). I don't doubt that servicing costs are a bit mental, but with both Christian Lewis and Voicey in the world we have ecceptionally capable indies able to do a better job of keeping the fantastic than most MDs would likely manage, and.without taking the pi55 on labour rates.

Someone on here did recently get himself one, but I honestly don't know if he's 'come out' yet. He's in love.

BJL

Brexit could cause a major hiccup one way or another;

The no deal scenario will add 20 to 30k on new Ferrari prices and the effect on used residuals could be dramatic but if interest rates rise more tha 2 % we could see a massive slump with the toys going through the floor.

The free trade deal albeit at a price will boost confidence and toys will be in big demand and 599s are a limited supply. Brilliant car and last of the analogue V12s. With F12s holding up at 20% below new at least 599s could easily see 150k for late models very soon. Provenance is everything, clean title, no registered damage and full qualified history and pain will be less. 15mpg average but 12 around town is not uncommon. Engine and gearbox bullet proof, clutches last very well if not abused so wear rate knowledge is vital. LHD cars are cheaper because their are many more but RHD is in demand in Japan, SA and prices there are astronomic. If buying won't break your bank then running costs would be covered in appreciation unless the economy goes t1ts up.

Ewan

My business partner bought one a month or so back. He'd been looking for a while but didn't want black or red (which they nearly all are). Eventually a nice grey one (UK car in RHD) popped up at John Holland in Leeds. Tan interior, full history, sensible mileage. He paid about £125k. It's to go with the 550 Maranello and has been bought as a long term investment as much as some short term fun. The 550, 400, MCV, SM, Healey, SL280, Moke, Atlantique etc all do less than 500 miles each per year and I imagine the use of the 599 will be similarly low.

With RHD cars being low in numbers, and it being the last of the proper V12's (with Enzo connection also), it's bound to go up over time. 20 years from now we'll laugh at how cheap it was to buy.

IMG_5045.jpg

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Grigio Silverstone with the tan / biscuit interior is probably my perfect spec. Well, after blue / biscuit but they're like hens teeth. Rarer, probably.

God alone knows what the economy will be up to in coming months and years. May as well enjoy it while we can! ;-)

iainw

My business partner bought one a month or so back. He'd been looking for a while but didn't want black or red (which they nearly all are). Eventually a nice grey one (UK car in RHD) popped up at John Holland in Leeds. Tan interior, full history, sensible mileage. He paid about £125k. It's to go with the 550 Maranello and has been bought as a long term investment as much as some short term fun. The 550, 400, MCV, SM, Healey, SL280, Moke, Atlantique etc all do less than 500 miles each per year and I imagine the use of the 599 will be similarly low.

With RHD cars being low in numbers, and it being the last of the proper V12's (with Enzo connection also), it's bound to go up over time. 20 years from now we'll laugh at how cheap it was to buy.

View attachment 45855

That's a lovely garage- and contents

Ewan

Thanks Iain. Problem is we now have more cars than garage spaces. But when I look at a given sum of money, do I think, "hmm, that'll make another nice new oak framed three bay garage", or "hmm, I could add a Noble/TVR/911/etc to the collection with that"? Buying a car is so much more instant than building a garage, that the temptation is always there to go that way. Hence the MC-V is in storage in Leicestershire, which is over 100 miles away.

hilts uk

Thanks Ewan. I agree that colour is the best for the car. Chris Harris did a video of his car and it looks great. I'm considering selling my MCV and buying a F599 now. I think both are great long term cars to hold but Im struggling with the idea of hoarding cars in storage when they should be driven.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Ewan

I have a friend looking for an MCV. He'd prefer it in Blu Victory, but I imagine he'd consider yours as well given they don't come up very often. He needs it be close to immaculate, or priced to reflect the work required to make it so. So if you do decide to sell I'll put the two of you in touch before you go to the trouble/cost of public adverts.

hilts uk

Mine is like new. Resprayed last year. New wishbones. Upgraded to xenon lights. Detailed inside and out. 38k miles. 4 owners. Just had MOT and service.

hilts uk

I think there are 15 in the UK - 3 or 4 black. A few silver and probably 7 or 8 in blue. Only see one blue one come up for sale and you bought it!