599 gtb

GeoffCapes

Just catching up with this thread. Congratulations Damo, that is one epic car you have.

I seem to remember you mentioning 599's at Arnage when one went past.

Look forward to seeing it at some point, they are beautiful. Especially in black.

Ewan

Only issue is that the Becker radio has been replaced. Anything else I should ask about before making a decision ?

Can't imagine the dealer will miss out on the sale for the sake of a Becker radio. And similarly for you - you'll not want to miss the right car for it (temporarily) having the wrong radio.

Phil the Brit

I contemplated the HGTE pack and worked on the basis a 14k fitted upgrade now worth 40k was a stretch too far. Engine performance the same, changes to damper rates, springs and anti-roll bars etc.

I really liked the GTB compromise of handling and ride - extraordinary for a super GT.

Various views on the HGTE ride quality, but most seem in favour of the upgrade. I also know the pre 2009 cars can have it retrofitted. I won't bother.
Chose mine on condition and history. Previous owner was fastidious.

Also, check the car is serviced before you buy - ask the dealer when it is due. Handy saving of £1k and will certainly not hurt them to get the car into your ownership.

The HGTE factory upgrade was a 22K option. From memory the dealer fit kit was an 18K upgrade with no change of seats.

hilts uk

Can't imagine the dealer will miss out on the sale for the sake of a Becker radio. And similarly for you - you'll not want to miss the right car for it (temporarily) having the wrong radio.
Deposit paid. Thanks for all the information.

hilts uk

I might have a Ferrari badged Becker Cascade available in the new year, though it depends on what I decide to do with my 360. I bought it on eBay to replace the aftermarket unit in the 360 but haven't got around to fitting it. It is worth keeping an eye on eBay as they do come up from time to time there.
Thanks. I will keep an eye out. Not a priority to sort but would like to put it back to original spec at some point.

G

Guest 1678

Just catching up with this thread. Congratulations Damo, that is one epic car you have.

I seem to remember you mentioning 599's at Arnage when one went past.

Look forward to seeing it at some point, they are beautiful. Especially in black.

Much appreciated - it will be at Le Mans next year.

D Walker

Do you get free "Red Trousers" thrown in, preferably corduroy,

If so, where do I sign up.....lol, only jealous...

Ewan

So, most importantly given that this is a Maser forum, what's the plan for the MC-V?

Look forward to seeing you over on the dark-side (Ferrarichat.com forum)

hilts uk

Even in my coffin I won't be seen in red trousers! I feel much more drawn to Maserati as a brand than Ferrari but its an itch I have to scratch.

Haven't decided what to do with the MC-V. I feel a little guilty tbh. The Ghibi and the 8c aren't really comparable but the 599 is so I don't know how much she will get out and about. I might put her in storage for the winter and review in the Spring but if anyone is interested I would look at an offer.

Team GCR

Haven't decided what to do with the MC-V. I feel a little guilty tbh. The Ghibi and the 8c aren't really comparable but the 599 is so I don't know how much she will get out and about. I might put her in storage for the winter and review in the Spring but if anyone is interested I would look at an offer.

Only thing I can say is that with the broad spectrum of cars I own, I know the MCV is a keeper. As rare as it is you could sell the 599 change your mind and go out and find another nice one relatively quickly. If you sell the MCV and change your mind chances are you are looking at a wait of a year+ before you get the chance to buy another one and the spec will be the spec because there is no shopping around. So if you don't need to sell the MCV I would keep it.