599 gtb

iainw

I need to know where this Eddie is!
Would love to chat.
Looks like its Vanquish vs 458.
How did you reach him.....

iainw

Does it sound better?
I personally think it looks meaner - and the back seats are a big plus for me.
My daughter fit nicely in the Cali, but when she dozed off she went forwards and almost snapped her C spine - the back seats are too vertical.
I am hoping to Vanquish has some sort of recline in the seats.
Is she won't comfortably fit then its a no brainer.
Only thing that worries me is that when I took a 488 out at DL ,I was not impressed. Didn't feel faster than the '30 to me.
Maybe the N/A 458 will sound and feel more fun.

iainw

Back to the thread title - the 599 is a Beautiful Machine, and would be in any car lovers perfect garage.

hilts uk

The above is the one which fits my criteria. Any opinions on it?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wack61

Thanks Iain. Problem is we now have more cars than garage spaces. But when I look at a given sum of money, do I think, "hmm, that'll make another nice new oak framed three bay garage", or "hmm, I could add a Noble/TVR/911/etc to the collection with that"? Buying a car is so much more instant than building a garage, that the temptation is always there to go that way. Hence the MC-V is in storage in Leicestershire, which is over 100 miles away.

would this be of any use , not as pretty or secure as an oak garage mind

https://www.carcoon.com/

MrMickS

Saw this beauty the other weekend.

IMG_0015.jpg

It did have me lusting over it. If I can convince myself I don't need four seats I'd look at this instead of the FF.

What's space like inside for a long European trip?

G

Guest 1678

Saw this beauty the other weekend.

View attachment 45875

It did have me lusting over it. If I can convince myself I don't need four seats I'd look at this instead of the FF.

What's space like inside for a long European trip?

I have the Stelvio for four seats.

As for space, it is extremely comfortable. The door pockets are usable and there is the parcel shelf behind the seats for extra space. A couple of cubby holes in the centre console for phones etc. The glove box is useable. There is no space behind the seats. The boot is bigger than the GT and will comfortably take a couple of weeks of luggage.

G

Guest 1678

I am so naive, I never thought you could haggle up the GFV !!

Absolutely, from their perspective they know that the car will not hit 50%, even if the market goes flat. Also, the GFV on the 70 year anniversary models is nearer 70%. The other thing that works in our favour is the uplift in prices of the new models and the fact that Ferrari have just raised their prices by 7% on 488's and 4% on 812s and FFs.

I worked on the basis that if the car no longer makes any increase in value and stays still then I will receive a large cheque after 4 years and the interest payments over that period will be my cost of ownership plus servicing. All in I estimate it will cost me £500-£550 per month. So I am banking the monthlies with Ferrari Finance to receive the cheque in October 2021.

MrMickS

The above is the one which fits my criteria. Any opinions on it?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks almost perfect. I think my OCD would have called for a rosso rev counter to go with the calipers and stitching though. Small detail but it would bug the heck out of me :worried1:

D Walker

I must be missing something then, I can afford that type of outlay but when I use the calculators etc I need to put huge wedge on the nose. I'm obviously not using the GFV amount correctly.
I tKe it you are looking at about 3k per year Damo, will it be going to LE Mans, all though I aren't this year.

Ewan

Just had a quick look on Pistonheads. Very surprised to see 12 GTO versions for sale on that one website alone. Given how rare that version is, that's a lot of very wealthy people simultaneously deciding that the market has peaked and it's now time to get out.

(I know the GTO is a different car to the GTB, just found it interesting while we're on the subject of 599's).

Love that DL car Hilts. Same colour as my business partners.

hilts uk

Thanks. Might take a trip today. Agreed on the gto. They paid £300k and now selling for meaty premium. Maybe they have 812s on order?

hilts uk

Still struggling with why the 430 which was half the price at new Vs the 599 are worth more now. 599 is rarer, faster, better tech etc. Does a mid engine mean depreciation is zero after 10 yrs Vs 60% for front engine ??

G

Guest 1678

I must be missing something then, I can afford that type of outlay but when I use the calculators etc I need to put huge wedge on the nose. I'm obviously not using the GFV amount correctly.
I tKe it you are looking at about 3k per year Damo, will it be going to LE Mans, all though I aren't this year.

Dave there was deposit - £20k. In terms of servicing - yep - 3k per year budgeted. The car had 17% wear on the brakes and 14% wear on the clutch, so I should be good to avoid those costs in the next couple of years at least. The dampers are the concern at 3k per pair. They are not serviceable and I believe the fluid in them is not readily available as a service item.

The interest over 4 years is about 22k - so £500 per month over 48 months covers that and then a sizeable chunk on top to cover the remaining element of the capital repayment. But I expect to see most of that back, even if the car does not appreciate. Even if they fall to 2014 levels (90k) I will still receive a cheque for more that the initial deposit.

In the end the maths was what it was, I just fancied the car and any potential financial gain/loss was a very secondary consideration.

It will be at Le Mans. I'll be the one with a fuel bowser in tow!