599 gtb

todea20

It's almost midnight and i'm looking to get a 599gtb LHD.If i sell my gts and cls55amg i'm in the budget for a lhd 599gtb at around 75-80k euro!The cheapest lhd in uk is 75k£.Does anyone know how much will cost me to have it registered to uk?

Andyk

Had a few LHD cars..Integrale and E30 M3 and you soon get used to it....OK the Lambo is lower and visibility not as good as the two I had but it's not a big a problem as you may think.......90k...get one while you still can.

safrane

If its a EU car the cost of registration in the UK is low to ensure fredom of movement...should be less than £500 I belive but of course you will need to pay for RFL on top.

Mr.Cambio

I wanted to help, by taking a look at greek ads of 599. They are over 100k..And my question is...how stupid are greeks..?

todea20

I have been looking to import as well. Look at this thread.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...e+on+importing+a+car+from+Europe...&mid=35907

I have been looking at a Lambo Superleggera. UK is around £130-150 and in the EU they are €120 which equates to less than £90k!!!!

My only concern is it being LHD and the problems with visibility especially when over taking.

Just spoken with the guy and for a 599 gtb is roughly 1600£ including road tax and plates! IMHO if you save 15-20k is worth doing it.Thanks Hoyin i own you a beer!

todea20

Had a few LHD cars..Integrale and E30 M3 and you soon get used to it....OK the Lambo is lower and visibility not as good as the two I had but it's not a big a problem as you may think.......90k...get one while you still can.

I don't mind driving a lhd Ferrari with 20k spare in my pocket..

todea20

If you're using the car for every day driving probably not the best combination but for weekend driving it should be just fine.Depends on your driving style also

drewf

I currently have a RHD car in Geneva - there are three things that are a slight pain in that:

1. Car park barrier machines
2. At some junctions it can be harder to see the cross traffic
3. Overtaking in moderate-heavy traffic

Overall, there's almost no difference to worry about - I'd have a weekend toy as LHD in the UK without a second thought. If there's usually going to be a passenger with you, then all those issues disappear anyway.

zagatoes30

I have 2 LHD cars and really rarely notice the difference. Car Park & Toll barriers are the biggest pain but you soon find ways of working round them.

hoyin

Sweet. Thanks for the input. Gonna try a LHD as soon as I have time. Then the search begins!!! My neighbours are going to love me! I already occupy 25% of the car parking spaces in my close!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
It's a relief the thing only has two seats or it would be a very difficult conversation as I booked a one-way ticket to Stuttgart and a ferry home. And put the house on the market.

todea20

I have made some enquiries but appears that 599 under 80k no service book or just part service