159 3.2JTS Q4 Lusso, the good and the bad please

Parptoot

Hello all,
I'm a possible newbie to the Alfa brand but I'm not new to the Italian car way of thinking, having recently sold on a Maserati.

I sold that to fund a share purchase but I'm missing that little sparkle that the brand and the looks gave me. Having bought a Golf V6 4motion as a filler, I'm now thinking of getting back into something with a bit of flair.

I love the look of the 159 but I also like the idea of 4WD that the Q4 offers. There's one just up the road from me and I'm tempted to go and have a look.

I've done the usual internet search and I've picked up a few nuggets but I need more before I go looking. Can anyone tell me the good and the bad so I'm prepared?

Thanks,
Mike.

lisknik

Hello, and welcome to the Alfa side.

Just the usual to look for. A well maintained bella. Watch for front suspension knocks, and when the cambelt needs doing.

Apart from that have fun looking.

Nick

Parptoot

Hmmm, in the advert is says the 'chain' has been changed - See title of advert "Alfa Romeo 159 3.2JTS Lusso 4dr 4WD RARE 3.2 4WD NEW CAM CHAIN"

Is he totally misinformed or is it indeed a chain as he mentions. Or...Is he referring to a chain drive between cams? I'm new to these but WILL read up.

lisknik

Hmmm, in the advert is says the 'chain' has been changed - See title of advert "Alfa Romeo 159 3.2JTS Lusso 4dr 4WD RARE 3.2 4WD NEW CAM CHAIN"

Is he totally misinformed or is it indeed a chain as he mentions. Or...Is he referring to a chain drive between cams? I'm new to these but WILL read up.

Doh, it is a chain sorry, you be dead right. That's what I get for posting in a hurry while supposed to be working! I know the 2.2's had a problem with stretched timing chains. Don't think the 3.2 did have, my knowledge is limited on them.

Parptoot

Sorry, another question to the educated. Is the engine fitted to these a genuine Alfa engine or a butchered one from another manufacturer?

smiffy

I believe it's a GM engine like the 2.2. It's the same engine in the 3.2 signum

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

smiffy

Have a look at the 1750 tbi version of the 159, slightly newer but an alfa/fiat power plant. Highly tuneable too. Lighter on the front end too

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Parptoot

I'm not a fan of the GT shape really. I'm mesmerised by the headlights on the 159 and the Brera at present.

Parptoot

Ah, twitbook and faceter, don't do all that status, tweet stuff. Do you have another way to see it?

lisknik

11010004_10153045262131896_1225828526729910148_n.jpg

Brera 3.2 V6 Q4
£7,500 — South Wales
For Sale
Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2 V6 Q4 SV.
2006, 49.8k, full service history including recent big service, original order / bill of sale, 1 previous owner.
Specification
Alfa Red, fitted with every factory option as in Nav+, BOSE with CD changer, heated electric leather seats, winter pack (heated washer jets & wiper park area), factory auto Xenon lights with washers. Everything works as it should.
Wheels fully stripped and refurbished with new Continental ContiSport 5 tyres (less than 1k miles wear).
Car is fitted with the excellent sounding Wizard stainless steel cat back exhaust with standard chromed exhaust tips retained.
Brakes are upgraded with braided lines, ATE racing fluid and Brembo Sport HP200e pads. Pipercross in box air filter fitted too.
Condition is generally excellent.
Exterior - the usual minor stone chipping to the bonnet (289/A paint) is regularly touched up with a Chipex kit.
Interior - some very minor marks to the alloy interior centre panel and driver’s side door insert.
Upsides – in my opinion, the best modern Alfa Coupe produced (we also currently run a V6 GT). It’s powerful, flexible, sounds great and the compromise between comfort & handling is pretty much spot on. It’s a lovely car to be in, to drive and to be seen in.
Downsides – it doesn’t do economy. Driven like a saint on a long run you’ll see 28mpg max. My daily average is 20mpg on a quick 16 mile run. The road tax is £505 per year too.
£1.38 per day is a small price to pay though given the enjoyment you’ll have!
Private plate will be removed before sale.
Looking for offers very close to £7.5k.
Email me on x2sba@me.com with any questions or a number so we can chat.
Thanks for looking.
Simon

Parptoot

That, is lovely and no doubt worth every penny but having sold my lovely Maserati to throw into shares it's not left me much to play with in terms of cash, certainly not £7.5 :(