Looking to buy

marshal900l

Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy a 2002 Alfa 156 sport wagon veloce jts 1.9 selespeed just seeing whether anyone can give me any advice on what to look for problem wise or rust wise etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisknik

The normal things to look for, firstly the obvious, service history and when the cambelt was done. Front suspension knocks, as with all 156's suspension arms are notorious. Rust wise, earlier 156's tend to go on the front of the roof (really must get mine done soon). Later ones are the floor pan. Can't comment on the sele pump as I really don't know what to look for on them.

Happy hunting, keep us updated on how you have gone.

Nick

Btw I do know someone selling a Q system saloon 2.5 V6 ;)

marshal900l

Thanks for that bit of info will keep that in mind. Service history is always a must with me. Cam belts etc not really bothered as every car I buy I change the cambelt, water pump etc myself just for my peace of mind. I will keep the post updated of how I'm getting on with my search. I'm looking for estate or hatchback coz of a expanding family and having 3 dogs as well. But thanks for the q system suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zagatoes30

Sportwagons are not that big in the back, not normal estate size. If the 3 dogs are anything but small they won't fit. 159 has more useable space