Any thoughts/ideas for cheapish £5k daily runaround Alfa GT 3.2 V6 vs rivals???

rockits

Afternoon all

Will probably be selling the work Jaguar XJ soon and looking at what I could replace it with. I have never had an Alfa and always wanted one but it never happened for one reason or another.

Was thinking of something like an Alfa GT 3.2 V6....any thoughts or advice? Or any obvious or better alternatives?

Will need to be flexible that it could take a child or two, a bit of practicality (folding back seats etc.) for odd carrying around, be decent to drive, not ruinous to run although mpg is not an issue as it won't do that many miles. Will probably try to service & look after myself.

Budget of £5K would be ideal although would push a little more if something was so good it warranted it. Other option as well is to still buy this car but also another small 2 seater.....again cost effective but a proper little raw drivers car. Light and pure. An MR2 or MX5 although something a little less feminine might be preferred. A VX220 or something like that...you get the gist.

I have a nice R129 1999 SL500 that is up for sale at the moment that will fund both of these as can't see the SL fitting into these plans at all as is a little too expensive for me to tie that cash up in one car at the moment

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks
Dean