The 90's legal

Alfa Muppet

Mot gained for the 90 after 2 years off the road standing at the top of my drive only moving to gain access to the garage (Q4 164 took over my attention)

I forgot the magic sound of the 2.5 12v Busso

image.jpg

Alfa Muppet

Some body work to follow - sometime!!! Ready for the next Italy trip (she made it in 2010 for the 100th years of Alfa Romeo celebration)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

All important "Sportsalfa.com" sticker applied Nick

conaero

Forum Owner
Couple of rear wheel bearings on order then Muppet?

From my experience of 80's wheel bearings they were a right pig, well, they were on my Renaults anyway.

She's looking fine by the way.

Alfa Muppet

The offside rear front bearing could be difficult to source:lol2:

The fronts are taper bearings so easy to sort, and the near side rear just needs a little more tightening of the nut to the 250nm torque and that will sort that, as I replaced it for this MOT, just don't have a wrench that goes that high

They are a pig to do as the bearing retainer rusts into the de Dion sub frame resulting in drastic measures to take it out

image.jpg

Alfa Muppet

Maybe at the weekend - taxed now as well, the MOT registered instantly on line and you can pay monthly which is great!!!

Took her out for a spin and all was good. Probably a good idea to change the oil

conaero

Forum Owner
oooh, I love an 80's digital dash, I had a Renault 11 Electronic, 1.7, probably the best Renault I ever had, quick and space aged...broke down all the time naturally, but she was lovely. Mine was black. Ripped the voice box out of it as she was having too many on the blob days and was doing my head in! Seats were sooooo comfortable.

r1101.jpg

11_90_GT_int_T.jpg

Renault_Chrono-115-11_B01.jpg

Alfa Muppet

Nick, I will post some when I'm back in the UK

Matt the 90 is a bit more GCSE electronics than your Renault, that's for sure!!

Alfa Muppet

Does it all work Muppet???

Surprisingly yes

when I went to the Monza circuit as part of the 100th birthday celebrations, one Italian guy asked the same question and when he witnessed it working correctly he spent about ten minutes taking pictures of it - must be a big deal if it works!!!