04-08 Gallardo 560-4

ChrisQP09

Does anyone know if the LP560-4 if the glass engine bay was an optional extra?

I've compared examples from the same year/period and some have the glass and others don't.

I think Ferrari offer this as an extra on the 458.

Ewan

A few years ago I went to a Lamborghini GB testing day in my QP V. I drove there in a spirited fashion, thoroughly enjoying the 400 bhp of Maserati/Ferrari finest.

But when I got out on the track in the selected Gallardo variants on offer, wow, what a step up in performance. The magnitude of difference was incredible.

Felt a bit sad driving back in the QP! But then I remembered I'm not a playboy anymore and that my Lamborghini owning days are behind me. (Though a well restored Espada might tempt me...)

bigbob

Personally I would take a Lambo over a mid engined Ferrari. Mind there is something very special about a V12 Ferrari.

bigbob

Drive one, you will be surprised at how dull and heavy they feel.

Perhaps I should. Mind I don't really do mid engined cars, I much prefer a GT which is why I love Maserati. Went into Maranello to buy a 355 about 17 years ago and hated it. Loved the 550 I drove next but could not justify the extra cash....two years later bought the 3200. Miss that!

Contigo

Sponsor
I've only driven the Gallardo and after the F430 it felt very heavy. The 430 is much more the drivers car.

I'd love to drive the Murcielago as I have heard very good things about them!

StuartW

Fair enough, my cousin has a Gallardo and finds it quite nimble but I haven't driven it, but they're all such head turners however they handle!

ChrisQP09

Cheers for feedback, the Murcielago is a better car but is a lot more expensive given appreciation and apparently eats clutches for breakfast.

I'm swayed toward a Gallardo due to the rarity (despite being the brands best seller) and also because an early model is about 5-8k less compared to a 430. As there are no Lambo service centres in NI, If I get an 07-08, Audi may be able to service it given their knowledge with V10 R8s.

Dan!

Drive one, you will be surprised at how dull and heavy they feel.

Drive one a lot, you'll be surprised how that opinion is nonsense... if we're talking about a Gallardo. You may well be right about a Murcielago

A Gallardo is driftable (with practice) and lairy yet rewarding to drive quickly. They feel like a big Elise, but they're also a very comfy GT car.

Dan!

Even my secretary likes them...

0ceae253-ceea-45a0-9aee-cd6db888e0e0-medium.jpg

Edit: That's Murcielago front end isn't it. In all honesty I was more impressed by her Beetle bonnet.

Andyk

Fair enough, my cousin has a Gallardo and finds it quite nimble but I haven't driven it, but they're all such head turners however they handle!

I remember reading a revue when they came out and they compared the handling to a Lotus Elise ...... But bigger of course.

Andyk

Drive one a lot, you'll be surprised how that opinion is nonsense... if we're talking about a Gallardo. You may well be right about a Murcielago

A Gallardo is driftable (with practice) and lairy yet rewarding to drive quickly. They feel like a big Elise, but they're also a very comfy GT car.

Ah see you beat me to the Elise point Dan.

Pau1

dull and heavy they feel.

I would say they feel safe and planted.

My Ferrari 360 I had before it did feel lighter on it's toes and more delicate but I can make much better progress in my Lambo than I could with the Ferrari.

Definitely more usable for me and my level of driving skills. Drive one / both if you can folks, make your own mind up.

Contigo

Sponsor

Alright Alright Dan! :)

I said compared to a F430 or other competitor! They are heavy at lower speeds and for me the better drivers car is the F430.