Hello Mr 90

beautifulbusso

So I finally managed to collect the 90 yesterday, I was rather excited to say the least and I absolutely love it!

Yes she's a little rough on the outside and yes the gearbox could be better but it's a nice good base for a project :)

So far all I've done is tidy up the interior, gave it a proper deep scrub and cloth was disgusting but now it smells a tad better heh! I also fitted a new head unit as the old was... well old :D

I also fixed the drivers door as I almost fell out going round a roundabout after the door swung open :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 0

lisknik

Love the pics, the dash looks fantastic in the dark, well Jealous!!

But we need some daylight ones ;)

conaero

Forum Owner
Saw it at Ace last night, you do have a bit of welding to do there but like you say a good base for a project and another one saved, respect.

beautifulbusso

Saw it at Ace last night, you do have a bit of welding to do there but like you say a good base for a project and another one saved, respect.

Thank you, I did notice people looking round it trying to figure out what it was, might of been you in fact!

Btw I saw your GS there, looked lovely :D

conaero

Forum Owner
Thank you, I did notice people looking round it trying to figure out what it was, might of been you in fact!

Btw I saw your GS there, looked lovely :D

That wasn't mine I took the red P3 Spider that was parked the othe side of the entrance from you.

beautifulbusso

Oh my apologies, you must of been the guy who was talking to me and Bradley about the wizard and asking about the diff!

conaero

Forum Owner
Oh my apologies, you must of been the guy who was talking to me and Bradley about the wizard and asking about the diff!

Yep that was me as pictured in my Avatar with my hands in the air, drunk in a lift at 4am with 7 other forum members but that's another story :)

beautifulbusso

Update time!

So the rubber window seals were quite frankly ******, so I took a few photos (below) to several companies who deal in classic cars etc, knowing that you can't get 90 window seals anymore so they both recommended Triumph 2000 seals are almost identical.

So I've ordered 1 metre to test fit which has cost a total £6.80, which is worth a punt in my eyes.

Also, while checking the oil levels I noticed that the rubber seal that sits between the bulkhead and bonnet was ****** as well, so I've found something similar and ordered that at the same price.

While I was looking under the bonnet I found a small amount of rust near where the battery sits, so I'll get that sorted rather promptly before it spreads and gets worse.

lisknik

Keep up the good work mate, and keep us posted. Got me thinking about the seals on the 33 now.....which ain't a bad thing ;)

beautifulbusso

Nice one on the recommendation, I'll go and have a look now :)

Another update on today. I woke up this morning to find it snowing quite heavy and there was already a good inch on the ground. So thought blooming typical, bought a rwd car and it snows! But I was happily surprised at how well she gripped and got the power down without much drama, unless I wanted to slide a little bit ;)

lisknik

Nice one on the recommendation, I'll go and have a look now :)

Another update on today. I woke up this morning to find it snowing quite heavy and there was already a good inch on the ground. So thought blooming typical, bought a rwd car and it snows! But I was happily surprised at how well she gripped and got the power down without much drama, unless I wanted to slide a little bit ;)

Waits for the video with the tail out round a round about............................. :lol2:

beautifulbusso

Kinda small update on how I feel about the 90 this time, nothing to do with what I've done with her so far :)

So today I was fortunate enough to be driving around in a 65 plate Range Rover Sport Autobiograhy, obviously these are really nice as you'd expect. If I was ever fortunate to have the money, I think I'd be straight to Land Rover to order one, yes they are that good and comfortable.

But it made me realise just how nice it is to own something old and unique, naturally it's not a patch on the Range Rover but the 90 rides almost as well, by smoothing out the bumps in the road, where as I've found with new cars is that they never really feel settled over anything but smooth roads. To say I'm quite impressed is an understatement because being an old car, I was expecting the ride to be a bit jarring and a little fidgety.

So to sum it up, yes the 90 is old and yes it's rough around the edges...but I'm starting to think that it's one of the hidden gems within the classic car market.

Photos below because, well I'm in a Range Rover so it's rude not to!