Do I need this in my life?

outrun

I've driven both and both made me smile.....but........and i'll saw it very quietly....The V12 Vantage would just pip it as it was a better car to hussle arouns due to it being the perfect size for a sports car....The Stradale is a big car and even though it sounded great, looked great and is still top of my list as a car to own one day it is still more GT than Sports car......The Vantage was just a bit more fun on your favourite road........and as a manual it felt a little more involving......and faster........Both cars have bag loads of character but the lure of a V12 in a small body would be too much for me.

The level at which I disagree is off the charts...The Strad shrinks around you, like all good cars should and is every bit capable of being hustled around backroads. I've driven the V12 Vantage, it was quite nice, I've also driven the v8 Vantage and was going to buy one but it's just not very good. Looks amazing, goes OK. Yes, the Strad is a little heavy but it's set-up very well indeed and is one of those cars that's more than the sum of it's parts.

Contigo

Sponsor
Strad still fidgety compared to the v12 due to long wheelbase, never going to be a sports car but a cruiser.

rossyl

Although you might be comparing cost brackets, you are not comparing apples with apples.
You have the GT, GTS, GTS MC and Stradale. I'm sure I've probably missed some as well.

At the very least it's S versions of either the V8 or V12. But then again maybe not. With the very hard suspension and focused nature of the Stradale, and the fact that it is not for the average person a comfortable cruiser, the Vantage S variants are not the car to compare the Stradale against. The S variants are still comfortable cars.
Instead I would say the Vantage GT cars are a fairer comparison. The Vantage GT's are pretty epic in V8 or V12 guises.

Andyk

The level at which I disagree is off the charts...The Strad shrinks around you, like all good cars should and is every bit capable of being hustled around backroads. I've driven the V12 Vantage, it was quite nice, I've also driven the v8 Vantage and was going to buy one but it's just not very good. Looks amazing, goes OK. Yes, the Strad is a little heavy but it's set-up very well indeed and is one of those cars that's more than the sum of it's parts.

While I agree it does shrink around you I can anly say from driving experience and the V12 was more the sports car.......It felt faster and handled better ..... Look I love both and think both are just awesome so it was not a criticism of either......just think one is still more GT than Sports car...That's no to say it's á bad thing.....Its all irrelevant anyway as pretty sure I will never own either........If had the money and the garage Iwould have both in there.......

Plus I suppose I have lived with either cars it was just a spirited short drive so with them day in day out I may have a different opinion....