tell me this spider is a bad idea

iainw

What are the thoughts on this one?
Can I ask a stupid question - what happens to the alfa spider after 09/10 - I can't find any for sale.
Are there any engine upgrades that can make them seriously fast. It would be nice to have a convertible in the garage - I think these look lovely - but the interior looks a bit bland

iainw

Stupid me - forgot the link -http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/alfa-romeo/spider/alfa-romeo-spider-2-2-jts-limited-edition-2008/6041646?v=c#&gid=1&pid=4

Wack61

Nice...what year, mileage and price out of interest? Might buy one soon.

2006 60k £2500 but the plate is probably worth £400, it's not on standard suspension , the MK3 sits higher than this as far as i'm aware

outrun

I will check the kit thanks , scissors are expensive.

Seriously though , I love the 4200 but I don't enjoy driving it as much as I did the WRX , the 4200 has a lot more power but the WRX inspired total confidence

Never once did I put it into a bend wondering if I was going to make it

I've only ever had that much confidence in 2 other cars, a 205 GTi and a MX5

I do own a pinkish shirt I've never worn though , perhaps the day cometh ��

Wait till you encounter a negative camber, damp road and roundabout in the MX-5. It will slide. I promise.

Enjoy.

allandwf

I had a Mk1 MX5 for a while. It used to slide with the slightest provocation. Was virtually undrivable in the winter up here. Pirelli P6000 were possibly to blame though. Sold after Mrs allandwf ended up backwards a couple of times!

Wack61

this one has traction control, 158bhp, it's nippy and I don't care how much you all take the **** I really like it :D

Contigo

Sponsor
this one has traction control, 158bhp, it's nippy and I don't care how much you all take the **** I really like it :D

Good for you ! Shame it not an NA model but still a great drive. Enjoy it mate and ignore all the pub talk hairdresser comments. Even Clarkson rates the MX-5 as one of the best drivers cars out there.

Wack61

This one has definitely had something done to the suspension, I parked it next to another one today and it's quite a bit lower

drewf

My neighbour in the UK (Nick Dunn) races one, in fact he's currently leading the Max5 championship - they can be plenty good fun on a track. He sells Audis for a MD as a day job - not a hint of the hairdresser about him. Perhaps it's just Phil....

Contigo

Sponsor
My neighbour in the UK (Nick Dunn) races one, in fact he's currently leading the Max5 championship - they can be plenty good fun on a track. He sells Audis for a MD as a day job - not a hint of the hairdresser about him. Perhaps it's just Phil....

Nope, it's just the stereotype.

And 205 nah fwd compared to RWD even though with the 205 you can get awful lift off oversteer! They both handle great but oh so different characteristics.