Guilia Preview - Birmingham

Andyk

Ah yes...sorry when you said saloon you confused me....The XKR S GT was a limited run (50) stripped out....well for Jag.....raod racers....Think they were two sweaters as per Stradale. Saw a road test in EVO I believe of one against the seater Stradale ..... The Stradale didn't see which way it went but then it has 100 bhp more.

iainw

If its a two seater its about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!
Who would buy that above a more compact, faster 2 seater :O
Sorry I don't know as much about Jags...to my eyes that looked like a saloon :(

Andyk

If its a two seater its about as much use as a chocolate tea pot!
Who would buy that above a more compact, faster 2 seater :O
Sorry I don't know as much about Jags...to my eyes that looked like a saloon :(

You could say the same about the 2 seater Stradale...The Stradale is a little bigger than the XK as well Iain......but def a Coupe not a saloon.....It's Jaguars Grantourismo the XK.....There are a few on here that have had the standard XKR-S and they seemed to have liked them but then what's not to like about a 550 bhp V8 and you can now pick one up for 40k which is a lot of car and BHP for the cash.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 34

iainw

I think the jags are really upping their game as you say ... shaking off their old man image and making some interesting
Cars.. I think that looks awful however. Just incomparable with something as soulful and good looking as the strad.

Andyk

Dave, what a car for 45k.....

Iain, you may need to drive one first as the 5 litre V8 sounds amazing...in the XKR S .... F type......different sound to a Maserati but less soul.....That's a very personal thing but after being in a Stradale and a an XKR S both have a very different soul but both have it.....Anyne who doesn't smile en they hear that V8 in a Jaguar hasn't got petrol in their vains
........Yes the amaserati names carries more clout but that seems to be changing these days with its product placement........

D Walker

Dave, what a car for 45k.....

Iain, you may need to drive one first as the 5 litre V8 sounds amazing...in the XKR S .... F type......different sound to a Maserati but less soul.....That's a very personal thing but after being in a Stradale and a an XKR S both have a very different soul but both have it.....Anyne who doesn't smile en they hear that V8 in a Jaguar hasn't got petrol in their vains
........Yes the amaserati names carries more clout but that seems to be changing these days with its product placement........

Only saw it as it was on same site as white QP, no good for me, I need 4 seats!!!
But otherwise, I would!!!

iainw

I appreciate the technical aspects of the jaguar and applaud their product development.
They fall into the same category as Audi and BMW for me though. I respect why others have them- they just aren't for me.
I can only see Italian cars (not DD but toys) being in my drive for the foreseeable unless Aston M make something more exciting.

Andyk

Interesting but these days the press see Maserati as a Jaguar competitor. Never ever thought I would hear that but they do.......Still cat get my head around it but look at there new range a me sort of get it.....

Andyk

More here and they talk about it being double the XE S price which is 48k so if that's right it will be just the right side of 100k maybe.....lot of money though but that's a lot of performance......0-60 3.5 sec is pretty manic....

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/....2017)::article3_headline&utm_source=20170527

Full details of this car now......Alfa would see which way it went buy the sound of things. What an amazing saloon but with an amazing price to.....£150k gets you one.  Madness....bet it's one **** of a drive though....
https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-britishcars/jaguar-xe-sv-project-8--official/36428

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 19